Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Comment

That will teach her Johnny!

Comment

Nice! We are sitting here waiting on ours to come out so we can send one thru her. USFS is out here burning too, will get them up moving around. Sitting between a pond and a heavy timbered creek. Good funnel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Finally on board in the pines. I've been wanting to kill this big ol knot head doe since opening day! Finally caught up to her and sent a Montec through her heart. No more of her alerting every deer in the county. The to sit back and hunt my target buck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice Johnny. Congrats

Comment

Had a great hunt yesterday myself.. I passed this old bruiser nine point. Had him under me for thirty minutes at less than 10yds. Old enough but not the deer i was hunting.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Finally on board in the pines. I've been wanting to kill this big ol knot head doe since opening day! Finally caught up to her and sent a Montec through her heart. No more of her alerting every deer in the county. The to sit back and hunt my target buck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
              Great job, Johnny!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                Go sit in your ladder then...lol
                Negative, ghostrider LOL Will be there NEXT weekend though for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Had a great hunt yesterday myself.. I passed this old bruiser nine point. Had him under me for thirty minutes at less than 10yds. Old enough but not the deer i was hunting.
                  At that range you need to go old school with and hand dug point and hand made traditional longbow.

Comment

Finally had a decent buck show up on camera!! This is the best pic of him
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
                      Great job, Johnny!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      Congrats Johnny!

Comment

Atta boy Johnny!! I hope to do something similar this weekend... if I don't get rained out!

Comment

Heading north of the border this weekend! I can't wait to see what's on cam and what shows up at my spot in OK.

This is my first year hunting here but a few years ago(maybe last year) the neighbor took a 15 point and the guy I'm hunting with has taken two nice bucks. And that was with limited time to hunt.

Wish me luck, gentleman.

Comment

Our 2 day hunt got cut short. Should have checked the website. USFS was doing some controlled burning on the units we were hunting in. Almost burned my tent to the ground lol. The whole place around the campsite was a blazing when we went in and got supplies and tent loaded up. I thought for sure with all the ruckus the animals would be running around so we went and set up shop. Couple hours later the Law Enforcement division on the Dept Of Agriculture/USFS made it very clear we had to leave while they were burning in those units so we came home. Try it again next week! On a good note I got to talk to a few folks who told me where they were doing most of the masting on the property! Good info!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                              view for the evening. They’ve been using this tree line to graze in the early mornings and late evenings. It’s a new property. Im just learning their patterns as I go

Love your brush blind! That's a bloody lookin' spot right there!!! I'd be hand-corning the heck out of that treeline.

Comment

Any leases available willing to pay 1500+ new to the site and trying to figure it out, if this is not the place start me in the right place.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X