2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
    2 days earlier would have been nice. It was downright miserable yesterday evening
    Yes it was. I was dying yesterday afternoon/evening. These fronts need to start hitting on Fridays

Comment

Congrats on the buck! I like the texture on the antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Can’t say I’ve never arrowed one through the jugular. Hey whatever works. Congrats!
        Well, hopefully now that I've gotten the first one done, my heart won't race quite so much and I'll be able to hold the bow a little steadier. It's been years since I had buck fever. But I think this was much more intense than I ever had it with a rifle. Good times.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

Comment

Hit a doe at 7:00. Shot looked good but went back and looked on camera. She ducked the arrow but still connected. Arrow had no blood but some muscle. She did stumble 2-3 times in the 80 yards we saw her run.

I think I have her spotted in the meadow. She's probably gone 400 yards so far.Still standing but not moving much when I hit her with the light. Based on her stumbling, I don't think she can hop a fence on us. Just a little 23 acre tract I'm on.

I'll try to get the video to post soon. Let y'all tell me what y'all think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Can't post a video from my phone. Here's some screenshots of the video. She ducked a lot.

Should have let her take another step that didn't effect anything... At least I don't think.

Edit: I think about the 4th frame is when it hit. But just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
              Hit a doe at 7:00. Shot looked good but went back and looked on camera. She ducked the arrow but still connected. Arrow had no blood but some muscle. She did stumble 2-3 times in the 80 yards we saw her run.

I think I have her spotted in the meadow. She's probably gone 400 yards so far.Still standing but not moving much when I hit her with the light. Based on her stumbling, I don't think she can hop a fence on us. Just a little 23 acre tract I'm on.

I'll try to get the video to post soon. Let y'all tell me what y'all think.

Good luck! Hopefully she'll lay down and bleed out before moving much more.

Comment

Congrats, MD.

Comment

Ryan I bet you find her dead in the morning.

It sure feels good out here tonight. Tomorrow is gonna be nice, and so is Tuesday morning. Glad to finally have some cool weather. Hopefully the deer cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
                    Good luck! Hopefully she'll lay down and bleed out before moving much more.
                    I'm losing hope by the second.

Couldn't find any blood. None. This makes two animals I've hit in 7 days and haven't found. A hog last Sunday and now this doe. My dad will go out in the morning but I doubt he'll find her.

I could use a confidence booster right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                      I'm losing hope by the second.

Couldn't find any blood. None. This makes two animals I've hit in 7 days and haven't found. A hog last Sunday and now this doe. My dad will go out in the morning but I doubt he'll find her.

I could use a confidence booster right about now.

We've all been there. Especially with hogs! What broadheads are you using? Not that it helps now, but we found my dad's buck last night by using a Blue Star Luminol kit that I found on Amazon. That stuff made micro droplets of blood glow bright blue once we turned off our lights.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
                        We've all been there. Especially with hogs! What broadheads are you using? Not that it helps now, but we found my dad's buck last night by using a Blue Star Luminol kit that I found on Amazon. That stuff made micro droplets of blood glow bright blue once we turned off our lights.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                        It's funny you mention the blue star. I have never heard of it until a few minutes ago when a buddy mentioned it on the phone. I'll definitely be buying some.

I used slick tricks on both the hog and doe.

What lighted nocks so y'all use? Im getting tired of these nockturnals. I can't get the **** things to turn off anymore.

Here's a few more screenshots. Notice the faint dark spot in the 2nd pic. I'm assuming that's the entry wound. Is it me, or did the doe duck the shot hard. I thought I aimed pretty **** low too. After sending the video to a few friends, they all think she ducked a lot and I made a good shot. I guess that's just part of it.

Comment

Looks like she's hit high in the scapula.

As for blue star, it was actually invented by a hunter for tracking. What you use vs. Crime scene is nearly the same. The huntin version kills DNA and the other wont

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Its killing me not to be hunting right now. Havent been in the mood til this morning. Good luck boys.

Ryan, how far is that doe at the shot?

Comment

I’m in the tree in east Montgomery county. I worked last night so just got here about 15 Mins ago. Deer are moving. There were 6 in the pasture when I pulled in the gate. If I can keep my eyes open I may have a chance. It sure does feel good

Comment

Fellas they’re moving this morning. Got 3 bucks at my feeder, including 1 mature 8. If his rack was bigger I’d be posting LDP’s now.

Comment

Working...
                                X