2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Got my stuff loaded in that shiny new fo-do-Fo'd. Got the trailer hooked up n Pioneer loaded... All I gotta do is load my ice in the morning... well that and make myseff get up!! Not sure about the wind yet... will see which set I go to at "game time"... Hot as it is, I'll probably wait until it gets light and feeder has gone off then put a stalk on the feeder to try to get a shot at a hog... Rest of the day will be for scouting, checking cameras on some oak flats and such... Next week hope to take a couple days to hunt while it's a little cooler...
    Good luck to everyone in the morning! If I get one, I'll post up some bloody tailgate pics!!
    Good luck, Charlie! Hope you get a big un!

Comment

Had two Cruze through about 40 mins ago under 20 yards. A young 8 and I believe a 4pnt. Wife says it ways a 3. So many squirrels dropping everything this morning.

Comment

Just had a big 8 and big 6 chase a doe around at my other feeder pen 200+ yds away. Texted my FIL asking when just when exactly he was going to shoot. He should have been in the tree stand. He texts me back.....i overslept, still at cabin. HO LEE CHIT. I was in tree stand at 4:45 this morning trying to catch my big 10 slippin up.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Dadg it sounds like they’re moving well. I cannot wait to head out tomorrow.

Comment

All I saw from the natural brush blind this morning was lots of cardinals, I mean lots.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              I dont have any buddies i would show this spot too!
              Well if you're pouring out corn, I would hope you are on PRIVATE ground. lol

Comment

I didnt see a deer this mornin. Ol Fiddy has not been in sine 730 yesterday morning. Must be with a doe. he doesnt miss many meals.
                I pulled the card and the weird little buck with the crazy sticklooking third beam was in just before day this morning. He still has it but its a STICK! I passed him tuesday and its still in there today. he has thrashed most of the "Points"" off of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexan View Post

I have already said its private but that dont mean i should show that spot to folks. I mean.. you are hunting private an you wont tell anyone even close to where you have the big deer on camera will ya???

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexan View Post
                    Private land that butts up to public land, would make the travel routes accessible

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      I have already said its private but that dont mean i should show that spot to folks. I mean.. you are hunting private an you wont tell anyone even close to where you have the big deer on camera will ya???
                      I know I wouldn't and I trusted the folks I was on the lease with the last few years, and still wouldn't have told them

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                        I know I wouldn't and I trusted the folks I was on the lease with the last few years, and still wouldn't have told them
                        Same here. At my lease we have assigned areas and even with that I'm still hesitant about showing them pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          Same here. At my lease we have assigned areas and even with that I'm still hesitant about showing them pictures.
                          Surely not?

Comment

Sharing prosperity brings more prosperity into your life, even sharing big bucks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                              Sharing prosperity brings more prosperity into your life, even sharing big bucks guys!

This!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                Surely not?
                                I don’t know why. We’re all kind of that way though. Most of the guys on there are my best friends, even some family. BUT, we’re all collectively working to do a better job sharing this year. It’s awesome too because it turns out there are some nice bucks running around.

Comment

Working...
                                X