2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    Where are y'all seeing that it's supposed to be cool?? Weather.com is showing lows in the upper 60's and highs near 90.

I was supposed to go to north oklahoma those days. 40 miles south of Kansas. It's not going to be much of a front here. Should feel better though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting at the edge of an oak flat overlooking a water hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
        Sitting at the edge of an oak flat overlooking a water hole.
        Humid as ****, feeling like I'm sitting IN a water hole.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
          Humid as ****, feeling like I'm sitting IN a water hole.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          X2

There was a big one at the water hole around 8 this morning but I slept in. Have 4 bucks on the hit list 130-145" but you never know what will cruise through.

Comment

Well Garguy its 630pm Saturday...did you get your target buck?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              He passed on one.

Comment

Went out this weekend, put up a little fence around my tripod and am going to put camo burlap around it, and kind of use it as a double decker stand. I can sit on the ground or in the tripod if I want to. Put the camera cards back in, cut a new trail to my stand. Still a lot of pig sign but I'm trying to keep my hopes high.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  No i didnt. he ha been there every hunt except the two hunts i was there. Hope i didnt but him out somehow. In my defense, i did pass a nice deer but he wasnt old enough. He was almost directly under me in this pic
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had a meeting in town this morning so didn't hunt. Intended to hunt this afternoon but it was just too dang hot!! Had a feeder behind my house that was messed up so I worked on that... was a wore out sweatball this evening by the time I got through... I'm ready for some cool weather too!! Hard to get excited about hunting when it's this HOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      No i didnt. he ha been there every hunt except the two hunts i was there. Hope i didnt but him out somehow. In my defense, i did pass a nice deer but he wasnt old enough. He was almost directly under me in this pic
                      Dad always said never judge them from the rear. He looked like a much better deer in the pic from the tree.

Gonna be a long tined sucker in a year or two. Already working on mass and good symmetrical rack

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m making my first sit if the year on my new lease here in Montgomery county. I jumped deer off my corn pile as I was walking in @ 5:45. About 6:15 I had a deer walk 10 yds from me. I could see it pretty clear in the moon light. It sure is good to be in a tree. Acorns are raining down.

Comment

Had one long legged 3 point come in at ten yards yesterday afternoon, fed around for about 20 minutes then eased off. It was so dang hot in the pop up I'm surprised. He didn't smell me from all the sweat pouring off of me.

Back at it again this morning, most of my hand corn pile is gone, probably from a big boar that's been slipping in every night. Nada so far this morning, dead calm and light fog. The deer here don't seem to move much when it's hot and foggy.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Very symmetrical, thick antlers, how did you pas on that? Wow, nice deer

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                              I’m making my first sit if the year on my new lease here in Montgomery county. I jumped deer off my corn pile as I was walking in @ 5:45. About 6:15 I had a deer walk 10 yds from me. I could see it pretty clear in the moon light. It sure is good to be in a tree. Acorns are raining down.

Where about in Montgomery County? I hunt in between Montgomery and Conroe.

Fairly uneventful for me this morning. Hanging feeder didn't go off so when cows moved in on me a bit ago, I got out to run them off and checked feeder. It was clogged up. [emoji848] I got it back up n running and just kicking back in the stand enjoying the morning.

The rest of today and tomorrow it's gonna get down right warm so going to lay off hunting till the front comes thru Monday night...get back after it Tuesday morning. Still waiting on our first real good fall front of the season.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I got skunked this morning, made my way up to the house around 9:30. Around 11:30 I looked out window and a 4.5 year old 9 point came out of the woods and headed straight for my set. Wasn't a shooter but a new deer. Had a 6" sticker coming straight out front from his base.

Comment

Working...
                                X