Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a young buck yesterday morning and had a lone pig come in. It was more active in the evening. I had a huge boar come in but never came closer than 50yds. Then at 7pm I had 21 pigs come to the feeder. I waited to line up the biggest pregnant sow with another behind her and nailed em both. I don't think the one behind her was fatally wounded. It ran off with the arrow high in its back. We've always just had a few pigs here and there but they are bad this year. I hate em... 20 minutes after that I had a small doe come in but she was too small.

Comment

I've seen decent movement.

Camera Thursday and Friday showed does in the morning, hogs in the evening. I was unable to hunt Saturday AM.

My evening hunt was ruined after 1 doe came in.... The new neighbors I guess decided to explore their property at 6:00... At the fence line talking loud as hell, sneezing, etc. I'm 300 yards away from the fence FYI. /rant

Anyway, movement was decent so far this morning. Saw about 4 mommas and handful of little ones. I was hoping I'd have already stuck something by now but the hunt isn't over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Any of my other east Texas brethren seeing lack of movement from their deer. They just don't seem up on their feet much in shooting hours. Or they're moving elsewhere, which very well could be!
        Weak both sat and sun am here in Polk County. I saw 4 does last night and slung an arrow over the back of one. Always good to get your miss behind on opening day. Interesting, they were eating clover out of my food plot. We decided to just cut around edges and fertilize it this year and seems to have worked!

Comment

I shot a real nice doe this morning but I need to sit my stand an evening or two because I have a wee bit of a hog problem. Shoot one and they'll go away for a while...

Comment

Hog numbers are up at our place too this year. Seems to be the case all over the state.

Comment

We sat on some public ground under some white oaks dropping and did not see any deer movement. Moon was pretty bright before sunset this afternoon. Had hogs around us this morning making a bunch of noise but would not come out and introduce themselves. Thanks for the ride back to the blazer today if your on here. We had been walking for awhile!

Comment

Just saw this one posted....Polk County

Comment

What a stud

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Just saw this one posted....Polk County

Surely that's behind high fence. Either way, heck of a deer. Congrats to the shooter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
                      Surely that's behind high fence. Either way, heck of a deer. Congrats to the shooter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Probably MLD deer. I saw it on another site too

Comment

Is he legal?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          Is he legal?
                          From that picture I would say no, High and Tight

Comment

Not in an AR county... Dang shame too!

Comment

I pulled cards again this weekend... didn't hunt... was working on the rest of my set ups... Actually got 2 pics of bucks on camera!! Woo hoo!! Only trouble is one was a 3 year old 9 (legal shooter) and the other was a baby 8... Nothing I'd shoot yet tho... No doe pics, but PLENTY of hog pics!! Harvey did us in pretty good... Not one pic or sighting of fawns... Gonna be slim pickin's I'm thinking this year... might have to resort to shooting one behind the house. Got a couple shooters coming in there and one is a funky 6 point... 5 on one side and just a stump on the other...

Comment

Acorns- acorns- ACORNS

Comment

Working...
                                X