No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody in Grimes county? I'll be by gibbons Creek...hunting small tract for first time this area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone hunting in the Cleveland area? Wondering if y’all are seeing anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bkvill View Post

Not really Cleveland area but I'm in Livingston. A lot of acorns and not too much daytime pics, and I'm seeing quite a few coyotes on our place this year compared to years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          That is impressive. There are definitely some great deer up that way but I can't help wonder if someone's missing their breeder bucks. LOL Hey either way they're fair game now.

Good luck getting on 'em.
          Haha yea Im not complaining. Below is the top deer side by side of last years pic to this years. Some people have told me they wouldve culled him so its a good thing I didnt.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
            Haha yea Im not complaining. Below is the top deer side by side of last years pic to this years. Some people have told me they wouldve culled him so its a good thing I didnt.

He blew up!! Good luck, maybe he will slip through. I'd like to see one more year of growth on that guy. He is top of the line genetics. Those deer that jump 40-50" are in a rare class of their own. True Freaks

Comment

Now that is a jump!

Comment

One thing is certain, if you "cull" a buck, that particular deer will never show his antler growth potential.

Thanx by the way. For not culling that buck. If you get him, post pics

Comment

Amazing. And he appears to quite literally be standing in the exact same spot as previous year.

Really hope you get him!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                    He blew up!! Good luck, maybe he will slip through. I'd like to see one more year of growth on that guy. He is top of the line genetics. Those deer that jump 40-50" are in a rare class of their own. True Freaks

Yeah he did. If that deers 4.5 now and I was confident he would/could make it another year, I'd probably be inclined to let him. If he jumps like that again he could be a gross Booner next year (maybe net).

There is nothing in that left (younger) picture that says cull. Some people are goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                      Anybody in Grimes county? I'll be by gibbons Creek...hunting small tract for first time this area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
                      I'm on the far eastern side of Grimes Co. My place is split in half with Walker/Grimes county line.

Comment

What a jump! Low fence, small acreage and assuming no protein. Goes to show age is the biggest factor in growing big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                          Amazing. And he appears to quite literally be standing in the exact same spot as previous year.

Really hope you get him!
                          It is the exact spot. I was 25 yards to the left in a tree when last years pic was taken.

Comment

And thanks guys! Hopefully by noon saturday I can take some pics with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkvill View Post

I nosed around my Splendora lease today, still no rubs or scrapes to be found. Hard to find anything whitetail related with all the dang pig sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                I nosed around my Splendora lease today, still no rubs or scrapes to be found. Hard to find anything whitetail related with all the dang pig sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same problem im having [emoji22]

Comment

Working...
                                X