Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    [ATTACH]873951[/ATTACH]

Just for grins, take a guess how old this deer is.

He was taken last year on our lease. Ive got a pretty good idea how old he is.
    One pic..i can make most deer look however i want by picking out one pic.. that said,, he is likely post mature from what i see. DISCLAIMER! I realize i suck at this. most folks do, they just dont admit it..

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      One pic..i can make most deer look however i want by picking out one pic.. that said,, he is likely post mature from what i see. DISCLAIMER! I realize i suck at this. most folks do, they just dont admit it..
      You would be right. The first pics I got of him was in 2013, I figured he was at least 3, so that puts him at least at 7, that being said, his teeth were worn down almost to the jaw line. He was probably well over 7.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CDY_1107.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	24511178

Same deer in 2013

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0948 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	24511179

The blessed man that was able to slip an arrow in him

Comment

You would be right. The first pics I got of him was in 2013, I figured he was at least 3, so that puts him at least at 7, that being said, his teeth were worn down almost to the jaw line. He was probably well over 7.
            He may have been twelve. I took a known 6 year old to the taxi two years ago. 150inch deer. The taxi who is supposedly an aging guru looked at his teeth and proclaimed him a definate three year old. I hant even looked at his teeth. I took a look and would honestly have called him four by his teeth. I bit my tongue...

Comment

He was post mature in 13!!!!!!!!!! Heck of a trophy!

Comment

If ya notice, his antlers never really changed.

The feller that took him is an awesome young man I had the priviledge to meet. Heck of a hunter too.

Comment

If ya notice, his antlers never really changed
                  Wonder what he looked like six years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    He was post mature in 13!!!!!!!!!! Heck of a trophy!
                    He had a fairly small home range. Or to me it was fairly small, probably roughly 400acs

Comment

Thank you Steve for raising the bar once again AND offering up some real experience and teaching! I get most of my aging impressions from frontal and side view of the head (less the antlers)... Some of the bodies can fool us, but that neck and head on a mature/post mature deer is just different..

Comment

Those are some nice deer

Comment

GG got it going on

Comment

Got three of my set ups going today. Also checked camera cards... thousand pics on three cameras in a week... All hogs... not one deer pic...

Comment

Gotta thank my BIL for helping me out today getting one of my setups cleared out quite a bit. It's getting close!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Harvey and the Trinity River Authority sure messed up a nicely developing season for us!

Comment

Working...
                                X