No announcement yet.

Leap of faith and moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome thread.....living the dream! Please keep posting pics of your daily travels!

Comment

Laird is on the lists of must stop locations so we'll be checking that block.

That's great she wanted to leave Austin.... I've never been much of a fan of that place. I haven't made it to Soldotna yet but plan to this R&R.

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
      Laird Hot Springs is probably the best place for that. Been there a couple of times. Enjoy the drive, it's beautiful and you'll see a ton of wildlife. I've driven the Alcan twice. Last time in September 2016. Drove my youngest daughter from Austin to Soldotna because she wanted to move back "Home".

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

We've set up camp tonight just outside Grande Cache, only people in the campground so were enjoying the grouse drumming in the trees around us.

Finally stopped raining on us as we were passing through GC, just hoping it holds through the night. No pictures but had a group of bighorn rams right off the highway outside Jasper. Hoping to make it a tank and half or so tomorrow, putting us well into the actual start of the ALCAN.

Comment

Only took 54 driving hours to get to the beginning.

Comment

No TBH sticker for the sign?[emoji16]

Good luck on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              No TBH sticker for the sign?[emoji16]

Good luck on the road.
              No room!! Reminds me I need to get another for this truck.

Comment

Pictures will never do these places justice.

Sorry I've fallen behind on updating this but northern BC and the Yukon don't have the best service.

Saw our first caribou and wood buffalo at the hot springs which were a great way to relax for an hour or so to help relieve some of the truck cramps.

A little update I sent some family from Watson Lake yesterday.

Comment

Could've spent all day wondering that sign post forest, it was huge with stuff from everywhere..... And it is true, from Iraq, Afghanistan and the Yukon you'll always know there was an Aggie there.

Last night we camped at Pine Lake, Yukon and are going to make Alaska today, and see how were feeling tonight if we don't push through. Rumor is the reds are starting to run......

Comment

This has been an awesome thread. Best of luck!

Comment

Great thread, thanks for posting

Comment

Thank you for your service!!

Thanks for taking us along and hope you guys have a blast out in the great outdoors!!

Comment

Awesome photos! Good luck in your new adventures. Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

You living the dream!

Comment

Just stumbled onto this thread. Man, you are definitely in heaven on earth! I just moved back to Tx after nearly 30 years and if I ever move again, it will only be to Alaska. Been there 3 times and hated to leave each time. Good luck with the adventures there and take us along when you can via posts and pics. Thanks, and thanks for your service!

Comment

So, I gotta admit that I underestimated the 20ish hours of day light and great road conditions.... we made it to my house this afternoon.

Pictures really don't do this place justice which is why I held off taking pictures during the drive today.

Comment

Working...
                                X