Leap of faith and moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
    Great story, Merc! Your hand on the paw is a cool picture. Was the griz getting after your meat cache?

I’ve done the haul road hunt a couple times but never a fly out. On my bucket list. Congrats to you and your buddy!
    He wasn't getting into our cache, but was getting closer to camp. We'd seen him the day before about 3mi away, and then I shot him at about a mile and a half from camp.

The fly outs are a whole different experience.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
      Ever eat at the Apollo restaurant in Seward?? The breadsticks are to die for. We were there in May and had a wonderful time.
      I have not, I usually camp and bring my own food but I'll have to make an exception there.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Thanks everyone, it has been a trip for sure.
        Originally posted by J.C. View Post
        I just read this whole thread.... Merc, you should write a book and incorporate these pictures. You Sir, are living a very special life. I wish you safe travels on all your adventures, and will stay tuned for the next chapter.

-J.C.
        Someone suggested that while I was in the military, but so many other guys out there with much better stories than mine.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
          Don't be envious, I'm always open to visitors!

I'm still going to be spending part of the winter down in Texas too. Ice fishing only gets me out so much.

Sent from somewhere
          A guy I used too guide with was the ultimate snowbird. He's up there till about now around Katchacan then he works around Riveria, TX thru the winter then goes back up there.

Not gonna lie kinda hoping the company I work for has a tracking job that way one day! Already did the Cutbank to Billings, MT run

Comment

Living the life! Can hardly wait to move back!

Comment

Great read and photos, congrats on you and your buddies kills/catches.

Rwc

Comment

Wow, that is incredibly impressive sir. [emoji2962][emoji106][emoji2962]
                I hot ur message about my PM box.....no idea how to empty on my phone. [emoji848] I'm good, just checking out of the Dimond Hotel. Gonna get my antlers from the expeditors office and then pack some meat for my flight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Wow, that is incredibly impressive sir. [emoji2962][emoji106][emoji2962]
                  I hot ur message about my PM box.....no idea how to empty on my phone. [emoji848] I'm good, just checking out of the Dimond Hotel. Gonna get my antlers from the expeditors office and then pack some meat for my flight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  Congratulations again on the bull, been tough hunting for everyone this year. Have a safe flight back, wish the weather was nicer and you had some more time.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Wow just found this awesome thread, definitely following along from now on. Early on you mentioned your Instagram, what's the link/name? I'll have to re-enable mine and follow along there too.

Comment

Furry.87 is my Instagram account. Shoot me a follow request.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Love when this thread pops up!

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                          Furry.87 is my Instagram account. Shoot me a follow request.

Sent from somewhere
                          Reenabled mine and sent request from HairyScandinavian.

Comment

Really enjoying your thread. Looking forward to future adventures!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

In true fashion I haven't updated this as things are always 90miles a minute while I'm home. Did a bit more flight training this last trip home (out of Georgetown under the GIbill), finished my instrument rating before last rotation so I'm working on commercial now. And I bought the white Avid and the red and silver Cessna 175.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X