No announcement yet.

17-18 Childress Cottle Hardeman Foard HallWilbarger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up here this weekend. Started Thursday evening and buddy got a good size turkey. Then Friday morning he dropped a big ol bore. Prob 200 lbs easy. Little movement since then. It’s so freaking hot. The whole weekend is all about tomorrow morning. Looking like high 40s in the morning. Hoping this front keeps them down tonight and gets them up moving in the morning.

Never found the Muley buck I stuck opening weekend. Have walked basically this whole property so here’s to hoping he made it and will come out again one day.

Currently sitting in a pop up with shorts on and still sweating. Hahaha. Good luck ladies and gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the update. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting in a blind now and it it hot. Had 8 at the feeder last evening hunt three bucks 5 does saw a buck and two doe this morning. Wind picked up today that front can't get here fast enough

Comment

I will be heading that way in the morning, hope the front gets them active.

Comment

Our guys saw a lot of deer. Nothing to write home about. Lots of mosquitoes. And 8 rattlers in 8 different spots
            We might burn the place down!

Comment

My boy and I are in the blind, hope to have a couple good hunts while he i out of school. Was a bit disappointed when we pulled to the gate and about 200 cows started towards us. This time of year he has them off this pasture. The hunting is a lot better without the cows.

Comment

I'm up north just out of quanah. Cool breezes but no action yet. Seen turkeys earlier. Too many!!

Comment

Went out this weekend. Saw some deer and turkeys. Saw this guy. The mosquito's tell the story. Hot and miserable most of the weekend.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mosquitos were terrible in hall county. Definitely was hot !

Comment

im with you Guerrero88 we were up hunting this weekend and they were the worse I have ever saw them deer movement was slow Sat. but we shot 2 hogs that morning but when it cooled down Sunday morning saw a lot more deer

Comment

Feel bad for that guy... it is chilly this morning for sure, but still slow...

Comment

My dad was up there sat and said it was pretty slow. I don't think I'm gonna be able to get back up until Nov. and hopefully we'll be in cooler temps by then.

Comment

End on Nov and in Dec is when the big boys come out

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                              End on Nov and in Dec is when the big boys come out
                              This was our experience for 10 years in Wichita County. Don't know where they came from, but it would happen every year.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                                This was our experience for 10 years in Wichita County. Don't know where they came from, but it would happen every year.
                                I know, I get some good buck on TC up till the end of Sept, then poof the are gone till thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X