No announcement yet.

17-18 Childress Cottle Hardeman Foard HallWilbarger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates from the Greater Vernon area? Going out this weekend. Supposed to be a bit cooler. But windy. Just my luck. We'll see...

Comment

I was out last week. I believe that the second rut has started. Bigger bucks on smaller younger does hard. To me that's the second rut. Need rain and a week of colder weather to stir up the last few of weeks of the season. We are 30 miles Southeast of Vernon.

Comment

Me and my son got invited up to a friends ranch somewhere around Quanah, we are leaving today at lunch and will be hunting till Saturday morning. The main goal is getting my son his 1st deer. Looks like it's gonna be cold!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

15 mins from camp, just had a muley doe cross the road. Brock is pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              15 mins from camp, just had a muley doe cross the road. Brock is pumped.
              Those mulies seem to know when the season ends, that is when we always see the bucks on our place

Comment

Anybody up here hunting this weekend, tell you what it was cold this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                  Anybody up here hunting this weekend, tell you what it was cold this morning.
                  I bet I met you at the steakhouse last night...

Comment

I bet I met you at the steakhouse last night...
                    Was not me, but I believe I am going to eat there tonight.

Comment

Was not me, but I believe I am going to eat there tonight.
                      There was a guy from Collinsville there last night, I think he was hunting with a guy from Krugerville.
                      Last edited by jshouse; 12-30-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

There was a from Collinsville there last night, I think he was hunting with a guy from Krugerville.
                        Wow small world, I am up here with my 5yo daughter. She was not taking no for an answer to go hunting even if it is cold an icy

Comment

Wow small world, I am up here with my 5yo daughter. She was not taking no for an answer to go hunting even if it is cold an icy
                          Fyi, we got there about 815 and has to wait an hour and then they were out of some of the sides. Steaks were great though.

Comment

Working...
                          X