Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifetime Transmission Fluid. That's one I've never experienced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my '02 Dodge 1500 to 200K miles before changing the transmission oil, it was kicking a little hard from 2-3 and 3-4 but was smooth on the rest. I told myself that if the fluid change didn't help it would probably need a new one. Well it was changed and ran like the day I got it! sold it at about 250K miles to a kid and his dad. Only thing wrong with it was the Heating core went out before I sold it.

Comment

My Tundra transmission went out at 112k miles.....8100 to install a new one...I rarely pull but when I do its not matched right. This is happening right now. Its been in the shop a week trying to fix it. I surrendered and installing a new one with 3 year warranty...it isnt pretty...change oil

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
        My Tundra transmission went out at 112k miles.....8100 to install a new one...I rarely pull but when I do its not matched right. This is happening right now. Its been in the shop a week trying to fix it. I surrendered and installing a new one with 3 year warranty...it isnt pretty...change oil
        Sorry to hear this, Tundra's are known for torque converter shutter due to fluid break down. Once you get to a driviblty concern it's often to late BUT sometimes flushing the trans fluid may help. 200-250.00 for fluid exchange is definitely a value compared to transmission replacement prices.
        Had my daughters 2013 Nissan Versa changed yesterday with only 25k miles on it, Nissan is another that has huge problems with there CVT transmissions and are lucky to make it past there 60k mile power train warranty .

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X