JD Murphree Alligator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
    We were drawn again as well... coincidence?
    What dates?

Honestly, I think TPWD took pity on us for the cancellation last year and just gave it to us again.

Comment

Originally posted by uttlc View Post
      As Outlook8 said, we got drawn again! Does anyone who has done this in the past know the schedule of the hunt once you're out there? I see that you check in at 11 am on the first day of your hunt; then how long do you get to stay out there? For some reason I feel like the hunt was 24 hours.
      You'll check in at 11 and have an orientation. You should be hitting the water by early to mid-afternoon. You have to be back in by dark and can go out the next morning from light to noon.

I'll add some info in a bit once I'm free.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
        Whelp, my group got drawn again! We'll keep our fingers crossed for a hurricane free next 6 weeks!

9/12-13...anybody else gonna be out there?
        We drew Sep 13/14. We also were drawn last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
          You'll check in at 11 and have an orientation. You should be hitting the water by early to mid-afternoon. You have to be back in by dark and can go out the next morning from light to noon.

I'll add some info in a bit once I'm free.

I noticed most people run out, scout a little, set their lines and come back in that first day. Don't hesitate trying to get your gators the first afternoon. Two years ago we came back in on the 1st day with a 9'+ & a 10'8" gator. Not only were the other hunters shocked, I don't think the rangers running the hunt expected it either. I like bowhunting them, but most use hook and line.

Comment

Bowfished a 12' 3" gator there in 2007 on draw hunt. We didn't get drawn this year.

Comment

Good luck to yall. I was drawn last year but Harvey changed that. This year I wasn't so lucky so do some live hunts!

Comment

Working...
              X