Neighbor wants us to help pay for his high fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BDR View Post
    Some of y'all crack me up with your bad boy internet responses. Let me just start by saying I've been your neighbor. It's his prerogative to high fence not yours. IMO the right thing to do is offer to pay for half of what a LOW FENCE would cost. If he refuses to take you up on that then once again, his prerogative. If you don't like that idea and offer nothing then if I'm your neighbor I back MY fence off the property line a bit and when your cows or something else that belongs to you messes it up.... you deal with the legal consequences. Been there done that.... pretty simple.

Originally posted by BDR View Post
    Hey bud not gonna argue with you. You can quote all the "laws" that you think you know. Trust me I've been there done that got the tshirt as they say.
    You should read the first sentence of your first post in this thread... I quoted it for you above so you can find it easily...

Comment

A big fat NO!

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
        nope, tell him you'll pay half of the lower part of the fence.
        x2!

Not a chance

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I would offer to contribute half the cost of a low fence.
          This since you are going need to replace it anyway and had the 2 year plan.

Comment

Sounds like your neighbor is a "rich guy" that never seems to have any money... you know the type.

Comment

I own a smaller piece of land as you do and I'm surrounded by a couple very large ranch operations. If I was in your boat I would offer to split the cost of a high fence with him but it would only be on the side creating a 1175 acre HF area and would offer to work with him to create a sustainable game management plan. If he was opposed to this and only wanted to cut me out I would smile and "no thank yo, sir" to his offer.

Comment

Tell him to fencee around thee other side of your property. save him money and put you on the inside

Comment

Tell him to fence around the other side of your property. save him money and put you on the inside

Comment

I don't think it is very neighborly trying to strongarm your neighbor. Just expecting them to pay half of a high fence you didn't even ask if they wanted is unreasonable.

Comment

I've had a neighbor tell me to basically pound sand. They kept baiting and hunting the boundary fence. So I built my high fence 30 feet back from the property line. You wouldn't believe how the bucks stack up in that strip during the rut. It has worked out great. I have a lane to move cattle for the entire length of the property. Oilfield workers have limited access to the interior as well. Be very careful who you **** off. We get along fine now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        His obligation if that's what HE CHOOSES, not yours.
                        Yep

Comment

I would do 1/2 maybe 3/4 of a low fence if he puts it on the property line. $0 if he offsets it on his property unless you get a contract for rights on fence.

Looks like there will be a fence there one way or another, best to have some rights to it.

Comment

Why would the high fence need to be set back? Why should he fence out part of his property?
                            The high fence builder is just fencing his property. If his fence was the first of the three sides to go up, it wouldn't be such a big deal.
                            It hasn't been said, but maybe the high fence builder is going to grow roses and doesn't want the OP's "deer" on his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              He's cutting off deer movement to and from your place and he wants you to help pay for it? Tell that mother****er to get bent.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                                Why would the high fence need to be set back? Why should he fence out part of his property?
                                The high fence builder is just fencing his property. If his fence was the first of the three sides to go up, it wouldn't be such a big deal.
                                It hasn't been said, but maybe the high fence builder is going to grow roses and doesn't want the OP's "deer" on his place.
                                To be able to maintain both side of the fence w/o neighbors permission.

Comment

Working...
                                X