No announcement yet.

Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a Urologist today to discuss therapy. He is thinking about starting me on the gel. He said it would not bring my levels up like the shots, but I would not have the ups and downs of the shots either. He also said he wants to do the gel because I've never done any kind of TRT so he doesn't know how my body will handle it. Is this normal? Not really interested in the gel from what I have read.

Comment

I’m 32 and had a vesectomy. I never had low t until this year after the vasectomy. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not. Doctor didn’t want to start me on shots. So he started me on clomid. It’s a women’s hormone pill that is off labeled to boost t. Started number was 275 and 5 weeks on the pills I’m almost at 700.

Comment

Originally posted by onetondodge View Post
        I’m 32 and had a vesectomy. I never had low t until this year after the vasectomy. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not. Doctor didn’t want to start me on shots. So he started me on clomid. It’s a women’s hormone pill that is off labeled to boost t. Started number was 275 and 5 weeks on the pills I’m almost at 700.
        I was on clomid early. 2 daily helped get me feeling better and doubled my T. The shots gave me about an extra 150.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
          I was on clomid early. 2 daily helped get me feeling better and doubled my T. The shots gave me about an extra 150.
          Awesome. I only do one daily but it does give me a funky headache it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by onetondodge View Post
            Awesome. I only do one daily but it does give me a funky headache it seems like.

Clomid is poison, in my opinion. I had to take it while we were having our kids and it was awful. I had horrible acne (never had it before or since) while taking it. I was so glad to be off of it. I think it has some pretty severe eye side effects after prolonged use. May be good to get your eyes checked regularly while you are on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
              I went to a Urologist today to discuss therapy. He is thinking about starting me on the gel. He said it would not bring my levels up like the shots, but I would not have the ups and downs of the shots either. He also said he wants to do the gel because I've never done any kind of TRT so he doesn't know how my body will handle it. Is this normal? Not really interested in the gel from what I have read.

Ask about doing subcutaneous injections more often than once per week and you will diminish the ups and downs. I never did the gels due to the risk of contact with wife and kids but I did try the patches and didn’t find any improvement in my levels. I also had skin reactions to the adhesive which was unpleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post

Find a new dr. Gel is a waste of time. Shots are way more consistent than absorbing a gel through the skin. Take The prescribes dosage twice a week. I do Monday and Thursday. No ups and downs at all. These dr.s and their dumb gel. Pretty sure gel is expensive also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                  If you are in the Houston area or willing to drive, I'm happy to give you the name of my doctor.
                  I would be interested in that 411, as long as he/she allows self administration. I'm not dissatisfied with my current doctor, but I they are less "open minded" about a few things.

Comment

Had blood work done yesterday.

Test level - 757
                    Cholesterol - 165, not on meds.
                    Hemoglobin was 17.2 - I need to go give some blood to get it back down to normal.

On 200mg Test Cyp IM weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                      Had blood work done yesterday.

Test level - 757
                      Cholesterol - 165, not on meds.
                      Hemoglobin was 17.2 - I need to go give some blood to get it back down to normal.

On 200mg Test Cyp IM weekly.
                      How long have you been on treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by Kooter80 View Post
                        How long have you been on treatment?
                        3-4 yrs

Comment

testopel

Last edited by DEADEYE1; 08-17-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

So how do these Dr.'s consider what is normal for one person? Of course my PCP doesn't want to touch it, but also thinks that 388 is in the norm since it is in the range. Wonder what a 27 year old levels should be at.

Also, has anybody's PCP said to stop drinking and may be the cause of my Low T.
                            Last edited by txhunter90; 08-17-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                              So how do these Dr.'s consider what is normal for one person? Of course my PCP doesn't want to touch it, but also thinks that 388 is in the norm since it is in the range. Wonder what a 27 year old levels should be at.

IIRC, normal range is 270-1070 no/dL. All the docs I’ve talked to will not prescribe any meds till <300.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                IIRC, normal range is 270-1070 no/dL. All the docs I’ve talked to will not prescribe any meds till <300.
                                i was a 455 and got it. 2 ways to qualify and I qualified on my free - T #. find a synergenx near you.

Comment

Working...
                                X