Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started doing weekly injections about 1+ month ago. At first I didn't want to do it myself but finally broke down and learned how. Now it's very easy. I can say that I feel more energy (in more ways than one) and seem more motivated to get stuff done. My garage is cleaner than it's been in years lol. Unfortunately I've had the flu and then pneumonia for about 4 weeks so it's hard to say how much better I feel overall. So far though I am liking the initial results. This all makes me hungrier so I haven't lost weight (yet). Once I'm completely well I will begin to ramp up my exercise routine and see what that does.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
      On week 3 of doing self injections and the last two I've bled like crazy after pulling out the syringe. Doing injection in my thigh, guess I'm just hitting a blood vessel? Anyone else have this happen? Makes me wonder if all the meds are coming right back out with the blood.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      What size needle are you using to inject? Doc gave me an 18 gauge for drawing the test. but then I switch to a 22 gauge for injecting. They are long needles though and I'm not excited about that part. Did they show you where to stick yourself in your thigh?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        What size needle are you using to inject? Doc gave me an 18 gauge for drawing the test. but then I switch to a 22 gauge for injecting. They are long needles though and I'm not excited about that part. Did they show you where to stick yourself in your thigh?
        Think mine were the same, 18 to draw and 22 to inject. This only happened twice, I asked the doctor and he said I probably just hit a blood vessel and not to worry about it. Got my refill a month ago and it came from a different pharmacy and it only came with 1 needle and it seems to be in between 18 and 22.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been going to synergen x for my shots. My insurance won't cover it, but I only pay $50 a week. I go once a week for my shot. During the first six weeks, I felt just, okay, after six weeks, they did blood work (still only paid $50) and my levels were still low, so they bumped me up and gave me an estrogen blocker. What a difference! I have way more energy and I actually look forward to working out (when I can find time. New job has me working from 5 am to late evening). Gained a little muscle and lost ten pounds already.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
            Anyone had good results from Clomid or did you end up having to go full blown TRT?
            I am on Clomid currently. At first it more than doubled my T from 199, but after about a year/2 it's leveled off around 600. I have talked to my Dr. twice about going the TRT with HCG to maintain fertility. I am going to book that appt for Spring Break and get started.

Comment

Any recommendations around austin/ Georgetown? My PCP will not send me to a urologist so I guess I will have to go the clinic route or pay the urologist out of pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                Any recommendations around austin/ Georgetown? My PCP will not send me to a urologist so I guess I will have to go the clinic route or pay the urologist out of pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My Dr. Sent me to an endocrinologist. My insurance didn't cover me so I pay cash for the T and it's cost me less than $5 a wk for my shot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                  I've been going to synergen x for my shots. My insurance won't cover it, but I only pay $50 a week. I go once a week for my shot. During the first six weeks, I felt just, okay, after six weeks, they did blood work (still only paid $50) and my levels were still low, so they bumped me up and gave me an estrogen blocker. What a difference! I have way more energy and I actually look forward to working out (when I can find time. New job has me working from 5 am to late evening). Gained a little muscle and lost ten pounds already.
                  Hmmmm.....very interesting. What made them decide to give you an estrogen blocker? Is this in the form of a pill or another shot?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                    Hmmmm.....very interesting. What made them decide to give you an estrogen blocker? Is this in the form of a pill or another shot?
                    The doc orders them to check estrogen levels when they bloodtest. When I get labs done, this also gets checked.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                      The doc orders them to check estrogen levels when they bloodtest. When I get labs done, this also gets checked.

Yep. Keeping estrogen in check is as important as keeping test levels in a good range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I haven't lost a pound since starting T about 11 or 12 weeks ago. I've lost 4 inches in my mid section but gained enough muscle to replace it. And the rate at which I'm increasing weights in the gym is phenomenal for me. I freakin love the life change this gave me. My wife is getting a little irritated......... but that's her problem. She must need a little addition to her drive to keep up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                          This. I got a pill. Half pill 24 hrs after shot.

Comment

Wow, Im 56 and my energy has plummeted to say the least, quit working out. Gained some weight I didnt want. Soldier still standing at attention most mornings....and nights. I have been pondering this for a while. It would be worth it to recover my strength and lose weight.

So is it best to go to the Dr, Low T center or urologist?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                              I'm 53 and been on T for a year. Really perked me up. I get edgy/irritable at times, more so than before so I have to be careful. I self administer my meds (the wife does the T in my butt). I take the T shot on Monday along with a pill (anastrozole) and a small shot w/HCG. I receive these every 8 weeks from Royal Men's Health. SInce starting the T, I've dropped 50 lbs and did my first sprint triathalon, 5K and 10K. I'm training now for the CB&I tri in the Woodlands hoping to be close to 1:20 and perhaps in the top 2-3.

I swear by it and feel so much better. IT makes me care about stuff like I used to.
                              I like what Im reading. Is this a out of pocket place or will insurance pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                Wow, Im 56 and my energy has plummeted to say the least, quit working out. Gained some weight I didnt want. Soldier still standing at attention most mornings....and nights. I have been pondering this for a while. It would be worth it to recover my strength and lose weight.

So is it best to go to the Dr, Low T center or urologist?
                                Depends if your PCP does TRT. Mine didn't and referred me to a urologist that didn't do it as well. Our insurance won't cover it, so I go to synergen x and pay out of pocket. $50 a week. Totally worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X