East TX vs. West TX leases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    You won't find pictures of those deer hanging in the office at Stubbs, or on the TBGA website.
    that's true of every region of the state with big deer honestly......panhandle, rolling planes, south texas and east texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      You won't find pictures of those deer hanging in the office at Stubbs, or on the TBGA website.
      I like Stubbs, been going there for years. Lovelady Farm and Feed has better prices on their corn now so I've been going there. $6.05 for a 50# bag. I hunt just outside of Lovelady so I try to spend my money there to help out.

I've got a picture or two of some monsters shot in LF around HouCo, I'll see if I can dig them up. I hunt with a lot of locals and for years I've seen pictures of beasts... they don't share those photos with outsiders.
      Last edited by HoustonHunter; 08-16-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        I like Stubbs, been going there for years. Lovelady Farm and Feed has better prices on their corn now so I've been going there. $6.05 for a 50# bag.

I've got a picture or two of some monsters shot in LF around HouCo, I'll see if I can dig them up. I hunt with a lot of locals and for years I've seen pictures of beasts... they don't share those photos with outsiders.
        Theres some big deer killed in the area that are never seen. However that is getting tougher these days with smart phones! You get a pic, text it to a few ppl and on down the road it goes.

Comment

East Texas works for me. Just got lucky and found a great lease with good management in place.
          See and kill plenty of deer. I have hunted south and western parts of the state and liked those areas also.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
            They exist. The guys that hunt them are absolutely not allowed to discuss them in any way on social media. I know of about 4 off the top of my head and had to pass on an opportunity at 2 of them this year. The dues were around $5k, but essentially if you shoot anything under 150" you're burning your tag.
            Thats 2 more than I know of

I like Stubbs, been going there for years. Lovelady Farm and Feed has better prices on their corn now so I've been going there. $6.05 for a 50# bag. I hunt just outside of Lovelady so I try to spend my money there to help out.

I know a place less than 10 minutes from that store that kills deer in the 140s like its nothing. The camphouse is plum full of giants. Most of the old heads there still got flip phones.

I got a few buddies out toward junction and brady. Been offered one two or three times. Its just to far, Id rather visit. I like 101 miles from gate to gate. Allows me to hunt friday and sunday afternoons and not have to take off. Hell, I even hunted before work a time or two
            Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I know a place less than 10 minutes from that store that kills deer in the 140s like its nothing. The camphouse is plum full of giants. Most of the old heads there still got flip phones.
              I know where you're talking.. I've been there several times. Great folks. I hunt with their family on a property close by.

Comment

I know where you're talking.. I've been there several times. Great folks. I hunt with their family on a property close by.
                We swing by for the opening get together every year. My mom went to school with the owner up there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

East Texas guys still telling us how good of hunters they are??? Lol

This thread will never end.

Looks like so far guys know of two good east Texas leases and the rest is just posts about ghost east Texas giant bucks we've never heard of or seen. Kind of like the black panther posts...

Comment

I haven't read everything yet but plan to, I'll put it this way, most everyone that hunts east tx lives in or is from east tx. How many people do you know that drive from N S W or central tx to hunt east tx. Pretty simple answer to your question.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

Looks like so far guys know of two good east Texas leases and the rest is just posts about ghost east Texas giant bucks we've never heard of or seen. Kind of like the black panther posts...
                      Many East Texas hunters have learned their lesson on posting/sharing big East Tx deer pics. Including myself. Anyone that has hunted East Tx for any amount of time knows that it creates problems. I stopped sharing mine a long time ago except with a very select few. And, never on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Many East Texas hunters have learned their lesson on posting/sharing big East Tx deer pics. Including myself. Anyone that has hunted East Tx for any amount of time knows that it creates problems. I stopped sharing mine a long time ago except with a very select few. And, never on social media.
                        That's nothing special to just east Texas that's anywhere.

Comment

LOL!!!!
                          I don't believe any of us East Tx guys said anything about how good we are.
                          We just stated that you really have to hunt for the big ones. Sittin over a feeder ain't gonna get it done.
                          Now, don't get me wrong. I would love to hunt out west. But, the "average" price to hunt starts about $2,000 and I would bet everybody here is paying more than that. Then, yall have to feed protein and corn all year. Man, I bet that's a pretty penny!!
                          Now, I have several places to hunt in East Tx. One of the places I hunt, it's a small tract of 75 acres and we only pay $3 an acre and we don't have to feed year round. But yet they still get big. Guess you could say, location, location, location on that tract!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                            LOL!!!!
                            I don't believe any of us East Tx guys said anything about how good we are.
                            We just stated that you really have to hunt for the big ones. Sittin over a feeder ain't gonna get it done.
                            Now, don't get me wrong. I would love to hunt out west. But, the "average" price to hunt starts about $2,000 and I would bet everybody here is paying more than that. Then, yall have to feed protein and corn all year. Man, I bet that's a pretty penny!!
                            Now, I have several places to hunt in East Tx. One of the places I hunt, it's a small tract of 75 acres and we only pay $3 an acre and we don't have to feed year round. But yet they still get big. Guess you could say, location, location, location on that tract!!!
                            Haha. Thats why every east Texas hunter on a lease has a feeder...

Comment

Haha. Thats why every east Texas hunter on a lease has a feeder...
                              now you did it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	beast 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	24506829

Name:	beast 3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	24506830

Name:	beast 4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	24506831

Is it still a ghost if you see them on camera? Def easier to catch on trail cam rather than kill, but that's what keeps me coming back

Comment

Working...
                                X