Creede/Lake City bound....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by easeup View Post
    go past Creede on Hwy 149. turn left toward the Rio Grande Resrv. you will pass road Canyon.
    This[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Comment

You can camp on the stream just outside of the north Clear Creek campground. It's not part of the campground itself. Fish the stream there and all through the camp. Lots of great fishing although pretty brushy in places. There are also lots of small streams to fish between Pagosa and South Fork. Our favorite dry fly this year was the PMX. Be sure to get the ones with rubber legs. Rainbow grocery in South Fork has them. Size 12-16. Awesome.

We just returned a couple weeks ago from a week in Pagosa and surrounding area. It was some of the best fly fishing I've ever experienced this time. I'd pack up and go back tomorrow if I could pull it off. What a trip.
      Attached Files

Comment

^ Nice work...

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
          If you go fishing. Road canyon produced some big fish this year. Continental produced a lot of fish. Clear creek falls was flowing real good in July. Plenty of hiking trails. Go up pool table to hansons mill. Hike into wheeler geographical area. Pretty cool back there. You can rent utvs plenty of awesome trails to ride. I will be back up there in November to hunt elk. Enjoy.
          Good Luck on your elk! I will be there the last 10 days of October chasing elk as well. I loved going up the willow creeks east and west going after brookies. I caught my first and only rainbow trout in the Rio Grande just past the Mineral County airport and really that is the only fish I have caught on a fly rod fly fishing. Haven't made it back up there since. Ready to be back.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
            .................... I caught my first and only rainbow trout in the Rio Grande just past the Mineral County airport and really that is the only fish I have caught on a fly rod fly fishing. Haven't made it back up there since. Ready to be back.
            well.......that condition needs corrected soon!

Comment

10 days out from leaving. Anyone else with any updates or info?

Comment

Not much too add to what's already been shared but I love that area and I hope you have a blast!

Comment

Working...
                X