Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quit counting at 40. No idea!

Comment

A crap load... MLD permits, lots of fun till they hit the ground.

Comment

3, and all of them were about 10 years ago. I don't get out to hunt very much but it's not from a lack of desire.

Comment

Way too many to remember

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you guys with high numbers keep every rack? I've killed about 30 bucks in 20 years and have every rack at least horn mounted. Just curious what y'all do with 100 racks

Comment

50 years worth. Called the taxi yesterday on two that are getting close to being picked up. Guessing I would say 125 to 150. I don't kill near what I used to. Enjoy watching them grow more now days.

Comment

I couldn't begin to recount them all. Killed my first one at age 7, tagged out every year after that for many years. When I was about 13 the MLD thing had taken off. I'd gained a fair reputation for being able to shoot skin and trail so I got invited to many doe trips. My favorites were in North Tx up in Baylor Co. I killed 12 on a big wheat field the first morning.

I was guiding out in McCulloch Co on a corporate place for a while. We had 176 doe tags to fill. I killed 34 in 2 weeks with my bow. I wasn't making much money and shells were expensive. I could sharpen broadheads if they didn't hit a rock.

Several states, many properties, LOTS AND LOTS of bullets and arrows. I never shot a deer and intentionally let it spoil. 95% of them I skinned, quartered, and processed with my mom. The other 5% were donated. Manard Co's needy were well taken care of between 2006-2008. As many of them as I've shot; bow/rifle/muzzleloader etc, I still get a kick out of it. I can watch them all day. It doesn't matter if it's a doe or a 160" buck. I'm cool as a cucumber until I decide to shoot. I still get the shakes, I still have to control my breathing, I still have to go through my checklist. I'm sitting here now jonesing for the fall!

Comment

it's 200+

there were a couple of years that I was hunting with a friend that had mld with like 300 tags and then a good number where i was hunting three four ranches a year.

Comment

Working...
                  X