Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has harvested a buck with a bow that has honestly scored over say 135 low fence f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HappyM View Post
      Been very lucky to stick 3 giants on low fence ranch. 201, 199, and 186.
      [ATTACH]1120978[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1120979[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1120980[/ATTACH]

Have several others over 135. Really miss hunting the King on our Corp lease.
      Those are some great King ranch deer. Which pasture were you on? We had a lease on the Norias Pasture when they first opened up hunting. Tons of very tame deer, turkeys, quail and fun. I pretty much got to play on entire division but never saw anything over 170".

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
        Went home last night after posting on this thread yesterday and counted the deer I have killed that grossed 135" or greater, came up with 15, the best being 174 4/8".

Cool older thread.

Rwc
        Show-off

Comment

Comment

I shot a javi in the ear..he landed in a brittle old dead bush and was flopping all over the place breaking branches. A small buck came running in to investigate the breaking branches sound and then right behind him from a slightly different direction a 8 point with 13 inch tines came running out of the hills. I knocked another arrow and let it fly as he ran towards me. The shaft of the arrow hit him in the swirl of his brisket and went all the way in with just the knock sticking out. He ran close to the javi and looked up at the sky and fell over. 140 inches he is one of my favorite kills of my life. My first kills with a bow I think. I shot another heavy one in Mex. on the Rio Salado. Really tall but I never scored him. He might be 135. I might throw a cape on him and have him mounted. Have 3 mule deer with a bow and didn’t recover a 6x6 elk that I think caught shoulder blade And got bad penetration. He probably lived

Comment

Fortunate enough to have 4 from 140-151”.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                Those are some great King ranch deer. Which pasture were you on? We had a lease on the Norias Pasture when they first opened up hunting. Tons of very tame deer, turkeys, quail and fun. I pretty much got to play on entire division but never saw anything over 170".

Santa Cruz camp. Was living the dream.

Comment

I have a 128 & 129 with bow and 150 with a rifle. I did pass on a 131 & 137 this year hoping for a 140. We both know how that turned out. lol

Comment

143”- bell county, 146”- Kimble county, several 130’s - hays county

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Show-off
                      Just lucky I guess. lol

Rwc

Comment

2016 141”

2017 136”

2018 146”
                        2019 141”
                        2020 168”
                        2021 163”
                        I had a pretty good run for about 6 yrs. This yr was the first yr since 2016 I didn’t kill a buck much less a 135”+ buck. Very lucky and fortunate to hunt some really great ranches with some great people. Hoping to get back on the trophy buck train again next season in 2023!

Comment

Doesn’t state if the score is “official” P&Y net score or if it a gross score.
                          I have three over 135 net, and three others that gross over 135.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                            Fourteen years of bowhunting I had two going into this season. Hoping to end the season with Five, having a record year.
                            I am at 9 now. Good thread
                            Last edited by James; 03-13-2023, 06:34 PM.

Comment

163” Tx Panhandle

143” North Dakota

Need to get the bow out a little more this year. Haven’t had much time the last few years and haven’t had any deer on camera to get real excited about in the early season the last two seasons.

Comment

A few.

Comment

Working...
                                X