Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ about 10 on Elmer Keaton, The Wolf and the Buffalo was y favorite
    good books lately
    Future Crimes by Marc Goodman - for those who want to know your risk in the information age

I just got through with an anthropology obsession
    Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond
    Sapiens and Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari

Tried to start Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Franki but I have a bad case of bull fever and there is no way I have the focus to get through that until after December

Comment

I’m reading Grant currently, I learned a lot that I did not know. Also read Ben Franklin, very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also Hunting the hard way by Howard Hill

Comment

Follow the river, last of the breed. Great books about Indians

Comment

The fair chase. The epic story of hunting in America
            Philip Dray

Comment

Dream West by David Nevin. He has others that are good but this was my favorite.
              Doc Holliday's Woman by Jane Candia Coleman
              Spanish bit saga by Don Goldsmith
              Ordeal by Hunger the story of the Donner party by George R Stewart

The Sackett series by lamour
              The Mountain Men series by William H Johnstone (All of them, Smoke, Preacher, Matt, the entire Jensen clan.)
              Elmer Kelton
              Ralph Compton
              Zane Grey

Comment

Almost 4 months since the last Good Book added.

I am reading the best Chinese sifi author right now and he is hurting my brain. He goes way off course and makes you re-read paragraphs. Neat concept book.

The Three Body Problem

I would love to talk / debate any of you folks about this book. It is just freaky wierd...

48% through it................

Comment

Taming the nueces strip

Comment

The Gunslinger series by Stephen King. I am a little over half way through the series of 8 books and can't hardly put the book down. I am a Stephen King fan though.

Comment

Recently finished and recommended:

On Dangerous Ground - The Marines at the Reservoir, the Korean War's Greatest Battle by Hampton Sides

In the Hurricane's Eye: The Genius of George Washington and the Victory at Yorktown by Nathaniel Philbrick

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman

The Berlin Project by Gregory Benford

Comment

Dear Mom A Snipers Vietnam by Joe Ward. A fabulous story of a sniper in Vietnam backed up by letters he wrote home.

I wish I hadn't given my copy away...

Comment

Final word on The Three Body Problem----

It really hurt my brain. Very few people would like it. Just dang hard to read.

Currently on Murder City,

We need to shut the southern border permanently........

Comment

Ghost Soldiers - it's about US army rangers going behind enemy lines to rescue POW's from a Japanese camp in the Philippines. It's a true story and one of the best war books I've ever read. The first chapter will make you sick about how POW's were "disposed of" at another POW camp.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                              Ghost Soldiers - it's about US army rangers going behind enemy lines to rescue POW's from a Japanese camp in the Philippines. It's a true story and one of the best war books I've ever read. The first chapter will make you sick about how POW's were "disposed of" at another POW camp.
                              Just finished it. Good read. Ty..............

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                                Dear Mom A Snipers Vietnam by Joe Ward. A fabulous story of a sniper in Vietnam backed up by letters he wrote home.

I wish I hadn't given my copy away...
                                Starting the book. Sir yes sir..........

Comment

Working...
                                X