Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job kry!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats john wayne and KRY. Both cool deer.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Very dissapointed in what I am seeing or not seeing. I have not seen a shooter while sitting or on game cams. Hopefully something happens and I start seeng some mature deer. Everything is young so far.
        Doug, it's been the same at our place, all the big guys we saw early in season have disappeared. All we have seen lately are forkys and pigs.

My boss has a place between Spur and White River, said he hasn't been able to find a mature deer either.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang! Well done kry, congrats

Comment

Movement here still SUCKS! 2 spikes is all tonight!

Comment

Thanks, y'all.

I'll be back in Hall County on Monday. Hopefully, things are moving a bit better by then.

Be safe.

Comment

Dad was at his place outside Memphis this weekend no one was seeing anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
                  Thanks guys, I've been sick an haven't been able to hunt any an shes been wantin to go out, so she got it done on her own with a crossbow, never had pics of him before. The rut is upon us!!
                  Here is my new guy im after, he just showed up as well, never had a pic of a deer with a droptine much less double drop tines! Needless to say i may lose some sleep over him.. Definatly ain't the highest scoring deer I have ever had but has lots of cool character!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That is a interesting looking deer. Never seen one like that before. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    That is a interesting looking deer. Never seen one like that before. Pretty cool.
                    That’s awesome buck Matt

Comment

Nothing to speak of this morning. spike, little seven and Stipe was all this morning. Nothing on cams either. Really disappointed this year with what we have seen on cams and in person. I have only seen one maybe two mature deer.
                      It is getting extremely dry and the couple of freezes do not seem to be getting rid of the leaves or killing what forbs there are. Weird year for us. Hope it changes soon!

Comment

Muley down! Been hunting out here for 4 years now and been chasing a muley ever since. Great hunt this morning. He came in from about 400 yards north along the edge of wheat field and brush. Finally made his way down in the open brush area and gave me a good shot. Him and another y’all 6 were circling each other when I took him. Almost took the 6 first but buddy held me up as this guy finally came into view and was much bigger. Big ol 220# panhandle muley buck!! Fired up man!! Finally got me a stud Texas Panhandle Muley!!

Comment

Same results for us in Foard Co. The big bucks are gone, just young bucks. Even the does are not around. I was averaging 8 to 10 does every sit , maybe saw 3 does all rhis weekend! Guessing the rut has them scattered, idk. Very slow all weekend. Hunted Wed thru Sat, no time any better than others. Going to wait till colder weather, early to mid Dec and see if things improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
                            Here's a link to the best summary of whitetail-mulie hybrids from the best source on the topic, Jim Heffelfinger.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/de...-and-mule-deer
                            Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting. Based on this article, hybrids would be extremely rare though possible. More likely with 2nd and later generation deer descending from hybrid does.

Comment

Great looking muley, TD Hadley! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by tdhadley10 View Post
                                Muley down! Been hunting out here for 4 years now and been chasing a muley ever since. Great hunt this morning. He came in from about 400 yards north along the edge of wheat field and brush. Finally made his way down in the open brush area and gave me a good shot. Him and another y’all 6 were circling each other when I took him. Almost took the 6 first but buddy held me up as this guy finally came into view and was much bigger. Big ol 220# panhandle muley buck!! Fired up man!! Finally got me a stud Texas Panhandle Muley!!

Congrats! Nice muley!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X