Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
    What part of hemphill are you in? Im just SE of allison on stateline in wheeler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just NE of 83/33 (or the "Y" as they call it around here). Our place touches 83, but most of what I hunt is at least a quarter mile off of 83.

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post
      Just NE of 83/33 (or the "Y" as they call it around here). Our place touches 83, but most of what I hunt is at least a quarter mile off of 83.

Awesome, you have any good muleys through there?

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
        Awesome, you have any good muleys through there?

Lots of muley does, which are a nuisance, but very few large bucks. In 20 or so years of hunting this place, I've only seen one large buck, and, of course, that was the weekend after the season had closed. See at least one or two small bucks every year but they seem to disappear after 2 years. I see a lot more good WT bucks even though they're relatively new to our property. First WT I saw on here was probably 30 years ago. Even now, I would guess that we only have 1 WT per 150-200 acres and it's been that way for the last 10 years though it dropped some during the drought. About the same number of muley does and small bucks.

Comment

I'll be out hunting all weekend in wheeler and hemphill. Hope they move its supposed to be in the 80's on friday but drop to the 50's on saturday so i'm hoping the drop will have them up and moving a little bit more than I've seen in the previous couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
            I'll be out hunting all weekend in wheeler and hemphill. Hope they move its supposed to be in the 80's on friday but drop to the 50's on saturday so i'm hoping the drop will have them up and moving a little bit more than I've seen in the previous couple of weeks.
            You and me both!

Comment

Panhandle has been good to me this year. Killed this deer the Monday after opening weekend of Bow season.
              Attached Files

Comment

Got a few good bucks that will be on the hit list next season
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dann nice deer you have over there, wish you'd push some east a couple of miles[emoji6]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Is there any public land hunting in the panhandle?

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                          Dann nice deer you have over there, wish you'd push some east a couple of miles[emoji6]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                          I've been very impressed with the deer quality in that area. I think a lot has to do with how big those places are around there. I grew up hunting in the Hill country and theres just so many hunters on little places.

Comment

Hope to be on stand Saturday evening. Finally...

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              Panhandle has been good to me this year. Killed this deer the Monday after opening weekend of Bow season.
                              Great buck Arrowthreat!
                              Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post
                                Is there any public land hunting in the panhandle?
                                There is some public around Lake Meredith. I suspect it gets hunted pretty hard, though. Even though I have a place to hunt, I always put in for the Gene Howe WMA draw. Been drawn once and got a 130 inch 9 point.

Comment

Working...
                                X