Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kry, I'll be doing some freezer filling doe whacking with familyThanksgiving, then serious horn hunting with some buddies that next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
      I bet you hit it perfect. Deer were just responding to cold weather, overcast skies, and a full moon. I expect the hardcore snot-slingin' to kick off end of next week. While I'm out of town, of course.
      And I've got to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info coldgas. I hunt in wheeler county mainly. Hemphill if i can get my buddies to let me go.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
          Kry, I'll be doing some freezer filling doe whacking with familyThanksgiving, then serious horn hunting with some buddies that next week.
          Good deal.

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
          And I've got to work.

Not such a good deal.

Hope all who are out this morning are safe a fruitful.

Comment

Good morning in Wheeler county, slow start but picked up around 8:15. Older buck running some does. Younger buck staying clear of the big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
              Good deal.

Not such a good deal.

Hope all who are out this morning are safe a fruitful.
              That's ok kry. We are short handed so I go back on shift through the rest of deer season. 7 on 7 off gives me more time to hunt.
              I just picked up a new place in wheeler county that I am setting up today. Also have the lease at Bronte and haven't had time to go once this year.....This 5 on 2 off stuff is hard on the hunting schedule.

Comment

Have been swamped the past 2 weeks between hunters an cattle an I havent got to hunt any myself, havent even checked the cam on this spot so should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post

Have been swamped the past 2 weeks between hunters an cattle an I havent got to hunt any myself, havent even checked the cam on this spot so should be fun!

I don't know txpan. You let the aggie guy hunt your stand a while back. He may have vexed it.

Comment

Anyone hunting this weekend, what are the bucks doing?

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post

Good looking set. Question though are you not covered up in hogs without panels? I know I'm not to far from you and hell if they get under or through a panel that. Spot turns to crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jed1226 View Post

Had several young bucks out pushing does around on the wheat field tonight. No mature bucks. Another week or so maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Good looking set. Question though are you not covered up in hogs without panels? I know I'm not to far from you and hell if they get under or through a panel that. Spot turns to crap.

No sir, no hogs here. Im SE of Allison in wheeler county. My east side of the place is .25 mile from oklahome line. Have had a a big boar coming into a set about a mile from here but thats it. Have had a few pics here an there but for the most part dont have any, i dont think theres enough water where i am for them.

Comment

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Saw a good buck fight tonight but no does to see if they were starting to chase at allison. Last weekend at shamrock I watched 2 diffent mature bucks chase does hard though. Like was completly stupid an had not a care in the world what I was doing while feeding cows, kinda strange because 30 miles north they havent chased any.

Comment

Mature shooter bucks are hiding at least on my place!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Mature shooter bucks are hiding at least on my place!
                                they are in permanent hiding on any property I hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X