Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
    I might have shot this one way up in NE panhandle...

[ATTACH]880231[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]880230[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]880229[/ATTACH]
    I saw the pics on fb. Not sure about that guide you had though. J/k Matt is a great guy.
    Congrats on an awesome buck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sat last night (Hemphill) and only had an old muley doe come in. No fawn with her. Her ribs are prominent and coat looks pretty shoddy so I'd be surprised if she survives this winter.

Have a few pics of a 3.5 y/o buck that looks like he's cruising and checking. Have also seen or have pics of him at 3 different feeders.

As for my two biggest deer, they're still night creatures and don't seem to have a problem with each other, yet. I suspect that in the next few weeks they'll break each other up if history on this place is any indicator. One is a very wide 8 with little mass so I'm anticipating he will lose one if not both antlers.

Comment

Anyone expecting to eat at the Dairy Queen in Wellington, Shamrock or Claude can forget it. They got the word they were closing on Monday, Tuesday they were closed and the signs were coming down. Childress is still open, and I think Canadian too. I don't know if any of the others in the panhandle made it or not though. A whole bunch of them got the axe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          Anyone expecting to eat at the Dairy Queen in Wellington, Shamrock or Claude can forget it. They got the word they were closing on Monday, Tuesday they were closed and the signs were coming down. Childress is still open, and I think Canadian too. I don't know if any of the others in the panhandle made it or not though. A whole bunch of them got the axe.
          A whole bunch of them needed the ax. Most of the ones I have eaten at lately are not very good and poor service. I eat at Canadian the most. Sometimes it is good next time its horrible. Shamrock wasn't very good last time I was there, same for Aspermont.

Comment

Only DQ I ever stop at is in Aspermont and that's just for an ice cream cone.

Comment

Food in the panhandle is decent at best but there are a few gems (dairy queen is not one of them). Here are my favorites:
              1. Dixie Dog Spur
              2. Espuela Steakhouse Dickens
              3. La Sultana Floydada

Comment

I think a lot of the DQ's had really gone downhill in the last 5 years. I know ours had for sure. I'm not saying they were a great place to eat. Just that in some of these small towns there weren't that many options to begin with, and now there are fewer.

Comment

If you want a great ribeye, that little hole in the wall joint in Chilicothe is fantastic. East of Childress on 287.

Comment

Great BBQ at ponderosa in Dickens as well.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                      I saw the pics on fb. Not sure about that guide you had though. J/k Matt is a great guy.
                      Congrats on an awesome buck!

It was all he could get! lol

Comment

Little café north of the Kent County Store has a good breakfast in Jayton, but not many of you probably are in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Little café north of the Kent County Store has a good breakfast in Jayton, but not many of you probably are in that area.
                          I like the burgers at the Kent County Store

Comment

New buck on camera. What will he weigh?

Comment

New buck on camera. What will he weigh?

what the heck!

is that real??

Comment