Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a lot of deer moving this morning. Bucks still in bachelor group. Saw my target buck but he didn't want to get up close and personal. Stayed about 150 yards out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a really good morning. Saw 2 solid mature bucks cruising. Zapped a coyote at 60 yards. Almost cut his head off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        Had a really good morning. Saw 2 solid mature bucks cruising. Zapped a coyote at 60 yards. Almost cut his head off!

Nice

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

Awesome. I did the same thing to a yote once with a Spitfire. Nasty.

Comment

I hunted the second weekend and this weekend. Bucks are still in groups but knocking heads but I have yet to see a Slick Head in my sits! And I have only seen 3 pigs while sitting.

Comment

All I have seen this weekend was small or decent young bucks, but finally saw a doe at a feeder!. Neighbors to the SE said the mature bucks were chasing, but I saw ZERO evidence of this. Bucks still in groups and only saw one little head banging between a small 8 and a spike! They also said they saw a deer that was 27" wide! Maybe an early rut or they had a doe that was coming in, hence the chasing. A spike with brow tines I had in this morning would make a move towards the doe I had in, but would not chase her. Maybe next Friday or the weekend!

Comment

Hopefully still a few weeks yet, like always. (Plus that's when I'll be there.)

Comment

First time posting in here.. This is my first season bow hunting, we hunt in wheeler county. Saw a lot of deer Friday morning and evening including some good mature bucks. Deer movement was a little slower yesterday and today but I managed to stick an arrow in this bad boy this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Stileschristner View Post

First time posting in here.. This is my first season bow hunting, we hunt in wheeler county. Saw a lot of deer Friday morning and evening including some good mature bucks. Deer movement was a little slower yesterday and today but I managed to stick an arrow in this bad boy this morning!

Nice buck. Good job!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Well done!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I managed to stick an arrow in this bad boy this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Excellent! That's a great first. Congrats and welcome to TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                            I managed to stick an arrow in this bad boy this morning!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

No pic for me Mike!

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

No pic for me Mike![/QUOTE]Sorry, that was a quote from above.....I apparently messed it up

Comment

Working...
                                X