Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was the hunting this morning gentlemen? I didn't get to make it up North this weekend work has me stuck in the tall city.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      How was the hunting this morning gentlemen? I didn't get to make it up North this weekend work has me stuck in the tall city.
      We had three hunters on the ranch near post. I’m the only one who saw deer in three sits. Very unusual to get blanked. Lots of green stuff with the rain. Hopefully tonight will break loose.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
        We had three hunters on the ranch near post. I’m the only one who saw deer in three sits. Very unusual to get blanked. Lots of green stuff with the rain. Hopefully tonight will break loose.
        That’s how last weekend treated me.

Comment

Is anyone having to deal with millions of mosquitoes? Our place is covered with them everywhere.

Comment

Yes near Quail. Thermocell saved me

Comment

Not so bad at the ranch but the mosquitoes are killing me when I am shoot my my Bow.
              Buddy went out near McClean saw 13 deer, 9 bucks come through. All 2 and 3 year olds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No skeeters from Saturday morning till this morning. A little rain last night, but not much and only a couple of pigs this morning and a big spike and then "HE" shows up but not even enough time to get a good look at him or the binos up before he was gone, but he had a very dark face, big body and lots of horns on top of his head period. Worth a second look if he comes back!
                First pig was very jittery and a big spike came running in and ran it off, second pig got a walk as it was a good size boar and I jerked the living crap out of the shot! Missed him by probably 20.' Ain't done that in a long time, but had a different jacket on and it hindered my hand position against my neck and face with my release, at least that is the excuse I am using!

Good, aged shooter deer are showing up on camera the last week!

Comment

Starting to get some bucks chasing does on camera last night.

Comment

some good candidates on this thread...

Comment

Always love seeing the new bucks that come through during the rut

Comment

these little cool fronts and North winds have gotten some of the boys up on their feet. i took a good ten point last Sunday night. my son is 17, and playing ball on Friday nights and practice on Saturdays. i managed to get him in the stand Sunday AM and we had a really good 8 come in with a 6. The 6 stayed in and ate for about 25 mins while the 8 stayed back in the brush, or came right up to the back of the feeder pen, but wouldn't jump in. I wouldn't let him shoot through the pannel, and thought sure the 8 would jump in and get some corn, but he never did. Watched them leave to about a hundred yards and they did a little rubbing then play fought for a few minutes. Was cool to watch.
                        Then an old nervous stomp and stare at everything doe came in. I told him to let the air out of her if she turned broadside.
                        i intended to video the shot, but as soon as she turned, i picked up the camera and "thump" looked up just in time to see her wheel and spray blood everywhere. Went about 55 yards and piled up. Shot was absolutely beautiful, clipped the heart and i have never seen blood blow out like that.
                        Really hope i can get him back together with that 8 point, he sure was pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                          these little cool fronts and North winds have gotten some of the boys up on their feet. i took a good ten point last Sunday night. my son is 17, and playing ball on Friday nights and practice on Saturdays. i managed to get him in the stand Sunday AM and we had a really good 8 come in with a 6. The 6 stayed in and ate for about 25 mins while the 8 stayed back in the brush, or came right up to the back of the feeder pen, but wouldn't jump in. I wouldn't let him shoot through the pannel, and thought sure the 8 would jump in and get some corn, but he never did. Watched them leave to about a hundred yards and they did a little rubbing then play fought for a few minutes. Was cool to watch.
                          Then an old nervous stomp and stare at everything doe came in. I told him to let the air out of her if she turned broadside.
                          i intended to video the shot, but as soon as she turned, i picked up the camera and "thump" looked up just in time to see her wheel and spray blood everywhere. Went about 55 yards and piled up. Shot was absolutely beautiful, clipped the heart and i have never seen blood blow out like that.
                          Really hope i can get him back together with that 8 point, he sure was pretty.
                          Pics, duh
                          Call and his doe,
                          Old" bust a hunter"
                          My ten from last weekend, no one there to get a good pic

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a 7 that I passed before the 10pt came in. Pretty deer but just couldn't decide if he was old enough. Any guesses?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, Mike. I'm gonna say young, but I'm no expert either.

Comment

Those old "problem" does are tough to kill, your son did good.
                                Your buck is awesome.
                                I bet he'd make Pope and Young.

Y'all had a great weekend.
                                Congrats to you both.

Comment

Working...
                                X