Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always use H&H cocahoe minnows

Comment

I catch a ton of trout using a Bomber Paradise Popper with a DOA shrimp about 24" under the cork. Pop it reel it slowly pop it. If there's a trout around they will eat it. Gulp cost too much, and aren't durable at all. Plus they stink and catch gafftop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Be prepared to spend some coin if you go with gulp. They're productive but the pin fish will tear them to pieces fast and usually 1 or 2 fish will destroy them. For that reason I use the Vodoo shrimp and have caught 25 fish on 1 before it gives out. I'll throw a little shrimp scent on it while I'm fishing it also.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I catch a ton of trout using a Bomber Paradise Popper with a DOA shrimp about 24" under the cork. Pop it reel it slowly pop it. If there's a trout around they will eat it. Gulp cost too much, and aren't durable at all. Plus they stink and catch gafftop.
        Interesting, thanks for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          " stink and catch gaftop" .... Yup amen to that and a big nope...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I switched to mid coast and really like them. Was skeptical about the drop line being tied above the cork but it works fine and doesn't get tangled.

I have 2 styles unsure of name but one is not a popper and you can chunk it a mile. The brand is hard to find around here, academy closer to the coast carry them but mine in Tomball doesnt

Comment

Originally posted by jlivi1224 View Post
              mid coast is a good cork. I prefer the evolution with gulp mantis shrimp under it.
              this!

Comment

Have used the barrel corks (similar to the old Mauler type set up) with a 2 hook drop I tie up with 1/8 oz screw jig heads and sparkle beetles for many years, and this is a very good set up to locate fish... On my recent Chandeleur Island trip, I caught 5 keeper trout in 3 casts and had 2 more coming to me when a big ol' shark got both of them AND my set up... so I just switched to a 1/8 oz head and a single DSL in Texas Roach and continued to wear 'em out... I don't like to fish with live/dead/cut bait unless NOTHING else works, but I WILL do whatever is necessary to catch fish...

Comment

As said above we have had good luck in the marsh and Sabine Lake with DOA or Voodoo shrimp under popping corks

Comment

Gulp, there is a secret color but I ain't say'in.

Comment

Gulp shrimp on a 1/8 to 1/4 head

Comment

Texas Rattling Rig with a 4 inch chickenboy shrimp. Winner Winner!!!

Comment

I bought some 1/32oz jigheads that I want to try with a popping cork.

Comment

I will for sure let you guys know what I bought and how they do... Just not my fishing hole.... lol

I am taking the kids/wife and grandmother in law so I will be doing alot of baiting their hooks. This was the main reason I wanted something that I could use without having to bait my hook too.

Comment

I always liked a rootbeer cocaho minnow for the bays this time of year - good for trout, reds, flounder

Comment

I know what you're saying, but it's impossible to beat live shrimp under a cork.

Comment

Working...
                                X