This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Agreed but that can be said of any team. Hope they can and also hoping some of the younger guys under Herman's training can have it click.
    To hear about the lack of physicality when Herman walked in from his perspective to what they are today being, as he said "a 180"...I'm ready to see them in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      To hear about the lack of physicality when Herman walked in from his perspective to what they are today being, as he said "a 180"...I'm ready to see them in action.
      Yea that was still the most shocking thing for me. I thought Strong was going to take what was soft and make it hard... I understand Mack had country club mentality but thought Strong was going to change it. I was a big fan of the Strong hire for that reason and not changing it was why I wanted him gone when they fired him.

I'm sticking with 6-6 until I see otherwise on the field. I want to believe the hype, but can't until they prove it. The need to take care of business the first 2 games (both are part of the 6 wins) then show me something in the 3rd game against USC before I am willing to go better than 6-6.

I'm definitely ready to see them in action. Hook'em!

Comment

What did you expect him to say???

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          What did you expect him to say???
          That he had something to work with, he was pretty blunt about the status of the program in the Spring and it was unexpected since most of us thought Charlie had improved the toughness and overall attitude, but apparently they were complacent with losing (pretty sad state of affairs), it wasn't a salesman's lecture.

It doesn't sound promising in 2017.
          Last edited by Chad C; 08-29-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

That he had something to work with, he was pretty blunt about the status of the program in the Spring and it was unexpected since most of us thought Charlie had improved the toughness and overall attitude, but apparently they were complacent with losing (pretty sad state of affairs), it wasn't a salesman's lecture.

It doesn't sound promising in 2017.
            Under promise, over perform? I'm not saying he's not being honest in his assessment. The comments also might have been meant more for the team than the media/fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              N.O. will be fine

just curious why you think Arlington is the better option ?

I know why the Superdome was selected
              Better BBQ, better Tex Mex, better Italian food. Just as good of seafood and Cajun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                Under promise, over perform? I'm not saying he's not being honest in his assessment. The comments also might have been meant more for the team than the media/fans.
                True

Comment

Baylor update. Most recent two deep chart has 8 true freshman on it. 2 on o-line which is very thin. The secondary is missing count em 8 which would all be on the two deep if healthy. Most recently Grayland Arnold who broke his arm. Matt Rhule has yet to name a week 1 starter between Anu Solomon the transfer from Arizona who is a SR. and Zack Smith the Soph who started 4 games and played in 10 his FR season. I can see this competition not ending until conference play starts. 2 players are suspended. Taion Sells a SR safety has been suspended until conference play. Mo Porter SR OT is suspended for the first half against Liberty. Reasons for suspensions have not been given.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                    Yea that was still the most shocking thing for me. I thought Strong was going to take what was soft and make it hard... I understand Mack had country club mentality but thought Strong was going to change it. I was a big fan of the Strong hire for that reason and not changing it was why I wanted him gone when they fired him.

I'm sticking with 6-6 until I see otherwise on the field. I want to believe the hype, but can't until they prove it. The need to take care of business the first 2 games (both are part of the 6 wins) then show me something in the 3rd game against USC before I am willing to go better than 6-6.

I'm definitely ready to see them in action. Hook'em!
                    I hear that. I'm going 8-4 simply based on the fact that poor game management/coaching cost them several in 2016. Cal, KState, WV and KU.

Comment

Things look eerily similar with the Bulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Weird that he'd go to two different places and be set up to fail with no support from the University or its alumns. I mean what are the odds? Herbie must be beside himself.

I feel for Charlie and wish him nothing but the best but I'm hopeful the talking heads like Herbie can put that ridiculous mantra to bed now. Yeah, UT didn't support him. It was all part of our master plan to pay him a ridiculous severance and earn our worst 3 year running record in history.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                        Weird that he'd go to two different places and be set up to fail with no support from the University or its alumns. I mean what are the odds? Herbie must be beside himself.

I feel for Charlie and wish him nothing but the best but I'm hopeful the talking heads like Herbie can put that ridiculous mantra to bed now. Yeah, UT didn't support him. It was all part of our master plan to pay him a ridiculous severance and earn our worst 3 year running record in history.
                        NO doubt...what is Chuck still making, 4.7 million this year from Texas?

Comment

NO doubt...what is Chuck still making, 4.7 million this year from Texas?
                          Sounds about right. Between the block and the delay of game inside their own 15, the whole thing was surreal. I mean I felt bad and yet couldn't help but laugh.

Comment

Sounds about right. Between the block and the delay of game inside their own 15, the whole thing was surreal. I mean I felt bad and yet couldn't help but laugh.
                            Don't leave out the coin toss.

Comment

Don't leave out the coin toss.
                              You've gotta be kidding me. Missed the opening kick. Did he really screw that up again?!?! Wow.

Comment

You've gotta be kidding me. Missed the opening kick. Did he really screw that up again?!?! Wow.
                                No, but it's coming...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X