This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    It's more the tone of his voice. He talks through his nose. They make fun of him on DFW sports radio. South has a great voice, but he's a whiner. Rowland (OU's) is just bad. IMO

So ways voice is too whiney for college ball but ok for calling high school ball? Literally the first person I ever heard say way was terrible

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
      So ways voice is too whiney for college ball but ok for calling high school ball? Literally the first person I ever heard say way was terrible
      South is whiny. You do know more folks listen (I think) to Texas than a HS game? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        It's more the tone of his voice. He talks through his nose. They make fun of him on DFW sports radio. South has a great voice, but he's a whiner. Rowland (OU's) is just bad. IMO
        Says it right here in black and green.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          They'll be a little older this year but the defense hasn't been the same since Bumpas retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I MISS Bump. Lot of factors though contributing to last two years, some that were out of control of the coaching staff. Some were not. I'm more concerned about the offense.

Comment

Dave South announced this will be his final year as the voice of the Aggies.
            When he announced it, was he talking about this year or last year?

Comment

Heavy contact leading to a laundry list of injuries:

That ankle sprain and concussions could be bad news.

Comment

Serious question for you Texas fans and guys in the know. I know he's only a junior, but what is with Malik? Was he put in the fire too soon out of necessity? Is it a mental issue? He seems to have all of the physical tools. Obviously there is time for him to right the ship. Has he had a good camp? This is one of the guys I thought would be special.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Serious question for you Texas fans and guys in the know. I know he's only a junior, but what is with Malik? Was he put in the fire too soon out of necessity? Is it a mental issue? He seems to have all of the physical tools. Obviously there is time for him to right the ship. Has he had a good camp? This is one of the guys I thought would be special.
                  What happened? Thought he was soph?

Comment

I just don't think he has that football killer instinct. Hopefully Herman can get it out of him. His best effort was when he was benched last year. I do think he's been playing out of position as well so hopefully he can play on the outside more.

Comment

DL doesn't seem like it's helped him much.

Comment

Soft

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          I just don't think he has that football killer instinct. Hopefully Herman can get it out of him. His best effort was when he was benched last year. I do think he's been playing out of position as well so hopefully he can play on the outside more.
                          I get that. Great athlete. Probably better suited to play in space. It seems like Herm has tried to take the pressure off of him from a couple of things I heard from my Texas buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                            DL doesn't seem like it's helped him much.
                            I get that too! This has been TCU's problem.

Comment

2017 Pre-Season CFB Thread

Hate to say it, but I don't think he's the player our recruiting services anointed him to be. He's a great kid, great personality and loves the game, but it seems as though he completely lacks the killer instinct to be a true pro. He tests well, but that is where recruiting services become frauds...

He has a couple years to prove otherwise. Regretfully, I can tell you right now that he's struggling.

Last edited by Chad C; 08-10-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

More Texas injury news, starting RT in camp E Rod had surgery today. Must have been a spiral fracture though that's just a guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X