Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    Interesting. Thought they capped it at 7K. Hope we have good weather for it Sunday.
    First 7k are guaranteed a full race packet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      Make for a really long day. Says mid 70's for Sunday. Probably have some wind.
      I’ll take that over the 90’s we had last year.

Comment

I thought this was interesting. I guess it is a perfect place to look to hire this Sunday.

Join the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Recruitment Unit at the Bataan Memorial Death March at the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico starting Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 through Sunday, March 25th, 2018. We will be there in full force searching for people to join our team. If you have ever considered a career in law enforcement, our recruiters will be there to help guide you through the process and show you what it takes to join the largest sheriff's department in the world! Don't miss this opportunity! Questions regarding eligibility or about this event? Comment below or message us anytime!
        One Badge. Unlimited Possibilities.
        Salary $70,503 - $103,717
        LASDcareers.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are doing our own March here in Sinai. We are prepping for the event. I have the guys doing a six mile march on Saturday.

Comment

Best of luck to you fellas participatingon in the Bataam march on Saturday
            Last edited by Pedernal; 03-21-2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Last ruck of the training season this morning. 5.34 miles at 40#+ at a 16:45/mile pace.

Now it's onto White Sands for 26.2 miles and 1,881 feet of elevation gain. Forecast over the week has the temps creeping up to around 80 degrees with a steady wind. Should be interesting.

Comment

Well.....the weather forecast for Bataan on Sunday just got a LOT more interesting....

Originally posted by NWS
                Sunday: Patchy blowing dust after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Windy, with a west southwest wind 8 to 18 mph increasing to 33 to 43 mph. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph.

Comment

Ummm... that is alotta suck right there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

If the weather forecast holds, our few hours of suck will still pale in comparison to what the real Bataan Death March heroes had to deal with. We are there to remember them.

Comment

Well.....the weather forecast for Bataan on Sunday just got a LOT more interesting....

Dust. The pollen is high as well.

Comment

If the weather forecast holds, our few hours of suck will still pale in comparison to what the real Bataan Death March heroes had to deal with. We are there to remember them.
                        Without a doubt! And let's be real... it's not like you signed up cause it is easy

I used to ride the MS150... there is a very technical stretch called "the park" that went through buescher and bastrop state park on day 2. I did it every year. After I became a racer, a buddy told me that the park must be eaiser for me now. My retort was... "the park is never easy, I just can ride it faster. Year 1 I was pegged out, getting passed.. later years I was pegged out, passing people, either way, I am pushing myself"

We do it because its hard.

Comment

Well, since Jan 08 to today I have lost 38 pounds. I have cut out sodas, fried foods, fast food, bread, candy, and all the good stuff. Just water and almond milk is my liquid intake. Trying to substitute at least one meal a day with a protein shake , so I still get in all my vitamins. Have been rucking 3-4 days a week anywhere from 1-3 miles with 18 pounds total. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                            Well, since Jan 08 to today I have lost 38 pounds. I have cut out sodas, fried foods, fast food, bread, candy, and all the good stuff. Just water and almond milk is my liquid intake. Trying to substitute at least one meal a day with a protein shake , so I still get in all my vitamins. Have been rucking 3-4 days a week anywhere from 1-3 miles with 18 pounds total. I'm pretty proud of myself.

That is awesome buddy!!! Good job

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post

Keep it up and then come out to White Sands next year!

Comment

The Major and I are rigged up and ready for tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FFDCBBC4-16B5-4630-8205-7B3B842AFCA8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24534876

Comment

Working...
                                X