Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    The best way to clean a griddle is ice. While the griddle is good and hot, dump some ice on it. It cleans the surface extremely well.

This was told to me by my FIL who has been in food and beverage all of his adult life. He has owned many restaurants.
    This and your spatula/scraper will clean it, BUT... that black is the seasoning and what makes the bacon and tortillas taste so good!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Here's the one I got. It is a 0-20psi regulator.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also added the 20psi to mine. It made a huge difference

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        The best way to clean a griddle is ice. While the griddle is good and hot, dump some ice on it. It cleans the surface extremely well.

This was told to me by my FIL who has been in food and beverage all of his adult life. He has owned many restaurants.
        Thanks. Ill give that a shot. I like a seasoned griddle but the blackish bacon is too much

Comment

FOR SALE! I bought one of these late last year and ordered the nice diamond plate lid and have never used it, so it's for sale. It has never had gas hooked up to it. I have too many BBQ's as it is. $375 for grill and lid. San Antonio area I'll post in the classifieds

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
            What is everyone doing to "clean" the top. The problem I have is when I cook beef mostly such as fajitas or steak. I scrape it down real good and wipe it off and leave a coat of oil. The next cook always has black grease on it. This discolors bacon and tortillas the next morning at breakfast. I had considered some sort of grill brick.
            you just need to pour some water on it when it is still hot, hot. creates steam that loosens everything then scrape and wipe with wet towel. if you still need tips, go to Benihana and watch how they do it.

Comment

36” Blackstone propane griddle. $199.99 Friday only! $100 savings.

Tractor Supply Company

Comment

saw that the other day in an email. Started to post it on here.

Comment

Just got back from a 3 night off the grid trip. The blackstone is a big help while camping. Changes the way we cook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Yep game changer especially in high wind

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

How much faster does it eat through a propane bottle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got my Tractor Supply black Friday backorder last week. Put her together and seasoned up this evening. Looking forward to breakfast in the morning! Reading all the way through this thread has made me hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                          How much faster does it eat through a propane bottle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not much more that I've noticed. Maybe it makes one less meal per bottle. I was expecting it to be worse.

Comment

Well Mrs. Claus bought me the 28”blackstone for Christmas. I like it for the most part but I will be swapping the regulator out for sure, it doesn’t get near as hot as I would like.

Comment

Look looks what I've got going on today. Ol Sandy claws brought me this 36"er for Christmas.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I noticed at walmart yesterday a couple of versions I have never seen before. One had cabinets and drawers under it for storage. Another had a fry station on one side. Both looked pretty sharp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bsp.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	24566716

Click image for larger version

Name:	bswf.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	24566717

Comment

Working...