No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So came back from vacation and found some rat **** on the griddle. I’ve wiped them away, but what else would you do to clean it up?

Comment

I picked up one of the new rear drain models during the amazon sale and like it. First time cooking on a griddle. The rear drain is okay but I think the front drain trap is more functional. Having the drain run full length would be nice. With the rear drain, you have to direct the grease and scraps to the drain if not perfectly level left to right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tagged

Comment

Mine has been ordered and on the way I got to cook on one this past weekend up in the North GA mountains and these things are sweet.

Comment

Have y'all cooked biscuits on yours yet? Oh man. Take frozen biscuits and let them thaw just a little, put 2 layers of foil around them and gently wrap, giving them enough room to expand. I cooked mine at say 1/2 heat for 4 minutes each side. Smelt like fresh baked, crispy on the outside and just a hair raw inside.

Comment

Anyone found a decent spatula? I bought the Blackstone ones and they are great but flimsy. I managed to bend one.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                Anyone found a decent spatula? I bought the Blackstone ones and they are great but flimsy. I managed to bend one.

Update International Extra-Large, 16-Inch Long, Grill Spatula, Turner Spatula, Barbe... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K8ATL2..._S5zKBbAYXG4S3

Got this one and it’s pretty nice..big and not flimsy

Comment

Thanks. Just added it to my Amazon cart!

Comment

I posted this on a Deal Alert last weekend but here it is again in case someone’s looking. If Lowe’s balks, I can provide a pic of the receipt to see if they’ll match.

I was at Lowe’s in Dallas (NW Hwy/Jupiter) and they had some grills that were in a clearance section for 50-75% off.

There was a 36” Blackstone griddle (drain tray I’m the front) in Black finish that had a $279 tag on it. For grins, I asked an associate if it was discounted as well. She went to the computer and said it was the last one and it was ringing up at 50% off. She called the manager over to see if he would give me 75%. He declined but threw in a cover for free.

It might be worth checking your local Lowe’s.

Just finished seasoning mine this morning!

Comment

Also is stainless worth it if you will be leaving it at Deer Camp most of the year?

Comment

I use a Dexter foodservice grade one. Thick enough to chop etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Is this about the cheapest you can find a 36 inch?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackston...&wl13=&veh=sem
                          Also is stainless worth it if you will be leaving it at Deer Camp most of the year?

That price is average. I would definitely consider stainless for leaving at the deer camp.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            That price is average. I would definitely consider stainless for leaving at the deer camp.
                            That is what I am leaning towards. With a built SS cover top like some of yall have.

Know any place with a SS 36 cheaper then $315?

Comment

That is what I am leaning towards. With a built SS cover top like some of yall have.

Know any place with a SS 36 cheaper then $315?

Comment

Working...
                              X