Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
    Where did you get the big spatulas and scraper?

FYI I got rid of 3 of my grills when I bought my Blackstone! I am down to my Yoder and my Blackstone and don’t see ever getting rid of them!
    I think the wife got them all at Walmart. Seemed better quality and cheaper $$ than the Blackstone kit
    Last edited by Chew; 05-05-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I hink the wife got them all at Walmart. Seemed better quality and cheaper $$ than the Blackstone kit

Yep, Walmart and Academy both have better quality ones

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        We closed on our cabin this past Thursday in Broken Bow, the cabin came with one of these grills, so after eating several awesome meals at the fabulous new Shuck Me seafood joint we decided to try a steak on that griddle, we stopped at Mountain Man Meat and grabbed a couple of porterhouse and some pre made twice stuffed potatoes, they turned out awesome ! Sitting on the back porch atop the mountain over looking the river made it even better, also the meat was awesome, if your up there give them a try, well wait until you had your seafood fix first Ok I am done advertising and bragging The griddle gets a thumbs up, a cover would be nice.
        I'm going to be in Broken Bow in a couple of weeks.... what's your recommendation on the best dish at the new restaurant?

Comment

Dang Bobby, just now seeing that you finally stepped up!! Looks like you're makin' up for lost time too! Breakfast is my favorite meal to do on my griddle... bacon, eggs, toast n taters all at the same time... hard to beat that!

Comment

Shrimp fried rice Sunday. Turned out great. Probably elk burgers tonight.

I just wish I would have waited for the newer model with the rear grease strain. Crap like that makes me angry. 1st world problems. 🤣🤣
            Last edited by Chew; 05-09-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Shrimp fried rice Sunday. Turned out great. Probably elk burgers tonight.

I just wish I would have waited for the newer model with the rear grease strain. Crap like that makes me angry. 1st world problems. 🤣🤣
              Get this for your grease drain. https://backyardlifegear.com/collect...side-discharge

You can also get the little foil throw away mini loaf pans for your grease tray. They fit right in. They fill up and throw them away. Much better than having to mess with cleaning it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                Get this for your grease drain. https://backyardlifegear.com/collect...side-discharge

You can also get the little foil throw away mini loaf pans for your grease tray. They fit right in. They fill up and throw them away. Much better than having to mess with cleaning it out.
                Thanks. I saw that on YouTube. I just have to get over being ticked off about having to buy something to fix a problem. It'll take me a week or so and I'll break down LOL

Comment

Thanks. I saw that on YouTube. I just have to get over being ticked off about having to buy something to fix a problem. It'll take me a week or so and I'll break down LOL
                  Trust me I know. Took me a month and I finally did it

Check out the Blackstone Griddle Owners page on FB too.

Comment

Just bought one of those darn things on eBay. It was either that or I was going to buy the newer version of the griddle.

Comment

That steel nipple I welded on works great for the grease problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been using a metal veggie can, it wedges perfectly under the drain and on the edge of the drip tray.

Comment

Ok guys... I finally got me a griddle! My gas grill has been needing new grates and burner components so the wife and I went to Academy to try and find some replacement parts for it. I couldn’t find what I needed so I started looking at some of the grills they had on display when the wife walked up and said I should just go ahead and get a new one. (For you young/newlywed guys out there, when your wife tells you to go ahead and buy something...DO IT...DO IT RIGHT THEN! Those green lights don’t stay green long before they turn red and you’ll never get another chance.) So anyway, I found one that had the grill on one side and a griddle on the other and snagged that one. I don’t think it’s as nice as some of the ones I’ve seen posted on here, but it’s a start for a rookie like me. Stay tuned for some pics of burnt meals in the coming days!

Comment

They are life changing. Congrats. I haven't used my weber or big green egg since I got this.

Comment

I did French toast on mine last night. I took a biscuit cutter to the toast and cut a hole out and fried an egg in the middle of the toast, it was great. Love playing on the griddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                                I did French toast on mine last night. I took a biscuit cutter to the toast and cut a hole out and fried an egg in the middle of the toast, it was great. Love playing on the griddle.
                                That's a pretty cool idea... I got some pancake molds and one of them is in the shape of a Mickey Mouse... my grandsons are picky eaters and wouldn't touch an egg... that is until they saw a Mickey Mouse egg!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7257.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	24539285

Comment

Working...
                                X