Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    Really considering the Blackstone 17" portable for camping
    If I see one go on sale I'll jump all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
      If I see one go on sale I'll jump all over it.
      Amazon has for $72 with Prime. Hard to beat

Comment

I am real particular about my bacon. I start it in a cold cast iron skillet and slowly bring it up to temp. It turns out great. Can you make bacon comparable to cast iron on the griddle?
        Yep. The griddle and cast iron skillet are very similar imo.

Pit the bacon on a cold griddle and cook it like you always do.

I've cooked more bacon than anything on my griddle

Comment

How portable is the 28" grill. Will it be big enough for 6 adults 4 kids for several meals? Space is a premium so I can't really pack the bigger one. Will be camping.

Comment

How portable is the 28" grill. Will it be big enough for 6 adults 4 kids for several meals? Space is a premium so I can't really pack the bigger one. Will be camping.
            You can absolutely get by with it. Lots of folks use the 17" at deer camp or out camping. Personally I wouldn't go that small, but a 28" would be good. I've taken the 36" camping, but even folded down it takes up a lot of room. That is if you're talking a griddle, not a grill.

Comment

Ok just ordered one. Should be here in a few days I hope. Gonna season it and take it out to the mountains.

Comment

I bought a 22" portable or the travel trailer. HSN is the only place to get them, I believe. Runs on a 1 lb can and comes with an adapter hose to use a regular 5 gallon bottle or whatever they are. Pretty nice set up.

Comment

Besides a cover what accessories are a must? I have a flat metal spatula probably 4"x4"

Comment

Wildebeest burgers n hashbrowns, MMMMMMM goooood!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	24530980

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7409.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24530981

Comment

Looks good Charlie

Comment

Besides a cover what accessories are a must? I have a flat metal spatula probably 4"x4"

The surround table is nice if you have the room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          The surround table is nice if you have the room

That's on my radar to pick up soon.

I did some chicken fried rice and chicken teriyaki stir fry last night for the first time. It was freakin' awesome. Did a whole 3cups of rice, which is a lot. No mush and super flavorful.

Comment

AC do you have the surround because I thought about one but heard they get HOT. Like melt anything plastic you put on it hot. Which I can believe. And I’m dang sure not going to reach over the griddle to get something on the back shelf

Comment

Grillin' up some pork steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                                AC do you have the surround because I thought about one but heard they get HOT. Like melt anything plastic you put on it hot. Which I can believe. And I’m dang sure not going to reach over the griddle to get something on the back shelf

I could see that being the case... I almost ignited a roll of paper towels that was sitting on the side shelf first time I cooked on mine... They got hot enough to start to brown and smoke when I saw it and moved them... The down-wind end of the griddle gets HOT! and that surround is right above that...

Comment

Working...
                                X