Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Anyone ever do lemon chicken and fried rice on the griddle?
    I've done plenty of chicken. I trim the breast and pound it flat so it cooks even. Season it and put a little oil on a hot griddle. 4 min per side or so till its done.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Yall have me convinced to install a griddle in my outdoor kitchen of the home Im building this year. Im going to have to get some research done on the best built-in. Smoker, charcoal grill and griddle ought to cover it.
      The other thing I'm going to include in my outdoor kitchen project is a stainless steel Dutch oven cooking surface with a wind break that is removable... I enjoy the Dutch oven cooking as much as the griddle... Like AC posted, I have not used my gas grill since getting the griddle. did use my stick burner fire box once to do some flame broiled steaks, but my group actually told me they liked the ones cooked on the griddle better...

I've got to get me one of those smasher do-hicky's!

Where do you buy the parchment paper? Is it different from "wax paper"?

Comment

Walmart has parchment paper. Pretty sure most stores will. It's a little higher temp than wax paper I think. I know people that use it baking a lot.

Comment

Yep. I got mine from Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            No red deer yet Jeff... 'nother week of aging... then it's backstraps on the griddle!
            Well????????????????

Comment

Wife had some chicken fried and had made sawmill gravy n biscuits on Tuesday when I got home... Slathered the gravy over mashed taters and pigged out before I even thunk about getting a pic!

Man, that's some good eats!! I love griddle stuff, but DANG, hard to beat chicken fried backstrap, mashed taters n gravy!!

Comment

Your buddy in New Caney is doin' some sausage and ground berger for me. Will try the smash burger technique on the griddle when I get it back.

Comment

Really considering the Blackstone 17" portable for camping

Comment

Your buddy in New Caney is doin' some sausage and ground berger for me. Will try the smash burger technique on the griddle when I get it back.

Get some burger meat with his steak seasoning. It makes awesome smash burgers

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Get some burger meat with his steak seasoning. It makes awesome smash burgers
                      That's what he's doin' to the Wildebeest Andy gave me...

Comment

That's what he's doin' to the Wildebeest Andy gave me...
                        That's gonna be some good eatin

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          When I first started making them. I added the seasoning on top because that's how I saw it done. I now season it evenly on the griddle right after smashing. Here is a good link to give you an idea how to make the burger. After I flip mine I add cheese to it. White American melts the quickest. Personally I prefer pepper jack. Colby jack is good too. When done right they are the best tasting burgers you will ever eat.

https://youtu.be/kBHZBTXDBW4

Do you season both sides of the patty?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                            Do you season both sides of the patty?
                            No just the top right after smashing. The bottom will have a good "crust" and won't need seasoning

Comment

I am real particular about my bacon. I start it in a cold cast iron skillet and slowly bring it up to temp. It turns out great. Can you make bacon comparable to cast iron on the griddle?

Comment

That is how I cook it on the griddle. I spray a little nonstick spray(not sure this is necessary but I haven’t tried it without yet) and put the bacon on the griddle prior to lighting it. It cooks great and doesn’t shrivel and bend up. I can easily cook 2 packages of bacon at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X