Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    MAN!! That right there makes me want to lick my screen!!
    Lmao

Comment

Just a little friday night stir fry on the griddle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey AC any special way to make the smash burger? i have read this entire thread and all I saw was make 5 per lb into a ball. Add seasoning on top and smash on grill? Is that it? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Hey AC any special way to make the smash burger? i have read this entire thread and all I saw was make 5 per lb into a ball. Add seasoning on top and smash on grill? Is that it? Thanks
          In for the info on this as well.

Comment

When I first started making them. I added the seasoning on top because that's how I saw it done. I now season it evenly on the griddle right after smashing. Here is a good link to give you an idea how to make the burger. After I flip mine I add cheese to it. White American melts the quickest. Personally I prefer pepper jack. Colby jack is good too. When done right they are the best tasting burgers you will ever eat.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
              I have been needing to put a new regulator on my grill but haven't since I bought the griddle. You can get by with just a griddle.

I haven't touched my gas grill since getting the griddle. I have a stainless cover for my griddle that i put over steaks when I'm cooking them. It works great! I will say nothing beats a steak cooked on an open fire. I don't consider a gas grill an open fire though.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                When I first started making them. I added the seasoning on top because that's how I saw it done. I now season it evenly on the griddle right after smashing. Here is a good link to give you an idea how to make the burger. After I flip mine I add cheese to it. White American melts the quickest. Personally I prefer pepper jack. Colby jack is good too. When done right they are the best tasting burgers you will ever eat.

https://youtu.be/kBHZBTXDBW4
                Thanks. Do you use the parchment paper and a top piece to hold in the flavor to smash it?

Comment

Thanks. Do you use the parchment paper and a top piece to hold in the flavor to smash it?
                  Yes. I got the actual smasher from Academy

Comment

The parchment is just there to keep it from sticking to the smasher. The sear is what seals in the juices/flavor. My favorite burgers by far.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                      The parchment is just there to keep it from sticking to the smasher. The sear is what seals in the juices/flavor. My favorite burgers by far.

Nice. I have been experimenting with the BGE and the Cast Iron skillet making burgers. Ill go pickup the press this weekend.

Comment

Yes the parchment does nothing but prevent sticking

Comment

Anyone ever do lemon chicken and fried rice on the griddle?

Comment

Made a Valentines Day feast for my wife and MILClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2768.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	24530669Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	24530670Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2771.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	24530671Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2773.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	24530672

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yall have me convinced to install a griddle in my outdoor kitchen of the home Im building this year. Im going to have to get some research done on the best built-in. Smoker, charcoal grill and griddle ought to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                                Anyone ever do lemon chicken and fried rice on the griddle?
                                Fried rice yes, but not with lemon chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X