Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
    Ha! Right. I've been looking for awhile when designing the kitchen and that the one settled on. Very solid unit and will be trying it out starting tonight....
    Post up some pics of your outdoor kitchen! Looks good from what little I can see from the griddle photos...

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
      I found that having a good cover and keeping it well oiled is key to keeping the rust off my Blackstone.
      I have a cover but have failed so far at keeping rust off of it. I used all types of oil and used some Crisco last time, hoping it does the trick.

What's the easiest way you guys have found to clean it when it rusts up?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Post up some pics of your outdoor kitchen! Looks good from what little I can see from the griddle photos...

There's a few above in post 765. Will post more this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          I have a cover but have failed so far at keeping rust off of it. I used all types of oil and used some Crisco last time, hoping it does the trick.

Heat, oil, wipe down with paper towels. If it's real bad they say put some salt on the griddle as an abrasive while rubbing down with the paper towels. Use tongs if it's too hot.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Heat, oil, wipe down with paper towels. If it's real bad they say put some salt on the griddle as an abrasive while rubbing down with the paper towels. Use tongs if it's too hot.
            I've had to do it a few times and have gone through a ton of paper towels getting it all off. I've been "steaming" it off i guess, with high heat and water, maybe using oil will make it easier.

Thanks

Comment

There's a few above in post 765. Will post more this weekend...
              Oh man, I didn't make that connection! That is awesome! If my work year goes as planned, that's what I want to do with my bonus (assuming I can take one) next fall. That is downright awesome... Love the stone and the colors.

You dunn gooood!!

Comment

I've had to do it a few times and have gone through a ton of paper towels getting it all off. I've been "steaming" it off i guess, with high heat and water, maybe using oil will make it easier.

Thanks
                yes... I light my griddle, let it get HOT, then spray olive oil on it and let it get a good smoke going. I use a scraping spatula to get as much excess off as I can. then I use a low lint cloth to wipe down the whole surface holding the rag with tongs.

I found that using paper towels leaves paper lint on mine and those lint particles hold moisture and are a source to propagate the rust... Once I quit using paper towels, my rust issues went away... well that and getting the griddle real hot before the oil treatment...

Comment

yes... I light my griddle, let it get HOT, then spray olive oil on it and let it get a good smoke going. I use a scraping spatula to get as much excess off as I can. then I use a low lint cloth to wipe down the whole surface holding the rag with tongs.

I found that using paper towels leaves paper lint on mine and those lint particles hold moisture and are a source to propagate the rust... Once I quit using paper towels, my rust issues went away... well that and getting the griddle real hot before the oil treatment...
                  Awesome. Thanks fellas, now my wife won't yell at me for going through a whole roll of Viva just trying to get the grill going

Comment

Oh man, I didn't make that connection! That is awesome! If my work year goes as planned, that's what I want to do with my bonus (assuming I can take one) next fall. That is downright awesome... Love the stone and the colors.

You dunn gooood!!
                    Appreciate it. Yeah, it's something we've been saving for awhile. I really got everything I wanted. Grill, burner, big sink with gooseneck faucet, huge countertop, ice machine, ceiling fans, satellite TV and radio, speakers, bathroom outside and outdoor shower. I was planning on starting a thread about the whole thing. It's been a process but turned out really good. I'm proud of it....

Comment

Get a griddle brick to help scrap the rust off.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                        Get a griddle brick to help scrap the rust off.
                        Will do, thank you

Comment

Ha! Right. I've been looking for awhile when designing the kitchen and that the one settled on. Very solid unit and will be trying it out starting tonight....
                          It is a solid griddle. You will like it. I own one myself and sell them.

Comment

Appreciate it. Yeah, it's something we've been saving for awhile. I really got everything I wanted. Grill, burner, big sink with gooseneck faucet, huge countertop, ice machine, ceiling fans, satellite TV and radio, speakers, bathroom outside and outdoor shower. I was planning on starting a thread about the whole thing. It's been a process but turned out really good. I'm proud of it....
                            Oh man, Ice Machine!! I hadn't thought about that! My back yard already has the outdoor shower for the pool. I'd planned on just takin' that sucker out, but might reconsider... Where I plan to put mine, I could replace a bathroom window with a door out to the patio/kitchen... hadn't thought about that either... You've given me some new ideas!! THX!

You do it yourself or have it done?

Comment

This page needs more food on it! Bacon and eggs are on the menu this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here ya go AC, griddle eye candy!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X