Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
    Another trick, the little foil mini loaf pans fit right in the grease trap. You can just pull it out and toss it whenever it gets full instead of having to dump out and clean the one that comes on it.

I’m glad I keep coming back to read through this thread. Need to find some. Left some nasty fajita drippings in mine this summer and wow it was a nasty mess. Be a lot easier to Toss a foil muffin pan

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a 17" for Christmas. Used several times this weekend. Loving it. Gonna be great at camp.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

MasonCo. It gets pretty dang hot on that shelf below the burners on my 4 burner Blackstone. You may have to move those gloves!

I love my griddle, it has replaced my gas grill. I just have to fashion some expanded metal for roasting Hatch chili’s in the fall ant I won’t miss my grill at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
            MasonCo. It gets pretty dang hot on that shelf below the burners on my 4 burner Blackstone. You may have to move those gloves!

I love my griddle, it has replaced my gas grill. I just have to fashion some expanded metal for roasting Hatch chili’s in the fall ant I won’t miss my grill at all.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
              Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

The down-wind side shelf is a hot zone too... I almost set a roll of paper towels on fire sitting on the side shelf of mine first rattle out of the barrel! Also, bowls, ingredients, etc. can get hot enough to burn you if you pick 'em up if they're sitting at all close to the griddle frame on those side shelves, especially if it's a particularly day.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                The down-wind side shelf is a hot zone too... I almost set a roll of paper towels on fire sitting on the side shelf of mine first rattle out of the barrel! Also, bowls, ingredients, etc. can get hot enough to burn you if you pick 'em up if they're sitting at all close to the griddle frame on those side shelves, especially if it's a particularly day.

Good To Know, thanks slick

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                  Good To Know, thanks slick

Hopefully you got what I was trying to say... reading in now, I left out one very important word at the end... "windy", particularly windy day...

Anyway, it looks like you're off to a great start! Look forward to your posts and you really get goin'!

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                    Man yours is nice SS...

My little tabletop didn't season that evenly definitely a hot spot in middle..

All I had was a little left in a gallon propane and ran out of fuel with the hash browns. .that was very disappointing.
                    So I'm gonna order the adapter to connect to 20lb and give another go...I just can't find an adapter that has the adjustable regulator

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
                    The adapter hose will come be handy with the small griddle so you do t have to switch out bottles. I have also been looking into a way to introduce an adjustable regulator too this model. So far I'm not able to find one, I've talked to blackstone an they don't offer one. I have called my local propane dealer who told me he can't think of any way to make it work, and he also said if too much pressure was introduced it could blow out the existing pressure valve. Blackstone suggested putting foil around the sides too block the wind, but I'm not real happy with that trick.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

For those looking for a way to convert their 1 pound small bottle fed grills over to a 20 pound big bottle AND an adjustable regulator, I found a way tonight while doing some looking around for other stuff...

You need one of these:

And one of these:

... screw the above adapter onto the end of your griddle and put some teflon tape on the 1/4" NPT male end of it and screw the female swivel nut 1/4" NPT end of the hose of the adjustable regulator/hose assembly onto the adapter... connect the other end to a 20 pound bottle and you're griddlin' again with some serious capacity now!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        For those looking for a way to convert their 1 pound small bottle fed grills over to a 20 pound big bottle AND an adjustable regulator, I found a way tonight while doing some looking around for other stuff...

You need one of these:

And one of these:

... screw the above adapter onto the end of your griddle and put some teflon tape on the 1/4" NPT male end of it and screw the female swivel nut 1/4" NPT end of the hose of the adjustable regulator/hose assembly onto the adapter... connect the other end to a 20 pound bottle and you're griddlin' again with some serious capacity now!!

I was going to head out to Home Depot on lunch today to purchase this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-6-...6501/100130667

Is there a reason for purchasing the regulator on the hose one separate from the one on the unit? I have a the 17" model (not sure if that makes a difference). I have very little experience with this and don't want to purchase the wrong parts. I am just trying to be able to connect the 17" Blackstone to my 20 lb. propane tank. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Thanks SS.....I just got my regular adapter in but I may order your combo after I see how mine performs a little more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                            I was going to head out to Home Depot on lunch today to purchase this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-6-...6501/100130667

Is there a reason for purchasing the regulator on the hose one separate from the one on the unit? I have a the 17" model (not sure if that makes a difference). I have very little experience with this and don't want to purchase the wrong parts. I am just trying to be able to connect the 17" Blackstone to my 20 lb. propane tank. Thanks in advance!
                            I'm not familiar with this "Weber" connection. Plus, this hose has no regulator on it. If you connect that to your griddle, you'll have straight bottle gas to your griddle. You need some kind of regulator in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Good grief MasonCo, that looks amazing! I'd love to use mine, but it's too dang cold out by my pool!! May be Spring before I get to cook on it again!

Comment

Working...
                                X