No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any noticeable difference between the Blackstone and the outdoor gourmet sold at Academy for a new buyer? Is one better than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
      Any noticeable difference between the Blackstone and the outdoor gourmet sold at Academy for a new buyer? Is one better than the other?
      Only difference really is the heat output. But that can be fixed by swaping out the regulator. I have the BS and wish the side tables folded up like the OG from Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        How portable are these things? I see they make carry bags for them, but how big of a pain is it to break down and carry?

Mine is the 36" black stone. I just load it in the truck, strap it, and set the griddle top down in the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
          Only difference really is the heat output. But that can be fixed by swaping out the regulator. I have the BS and wish the side tables folded up like the OG from Academy.
          No matter what brand you get, adding a high pressure regulator and hose is worth the money.

Comment

Got some thin sliced ribeye this past weekend and grilled with some onions and bell peppers. Made awesome philly cheesesteak sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              Got some thin sliced ribeye this past weekend and grilled with some onions and bell peppers. Made awesome philly cheesesteak sammiches!

This^^^^ is what I've been wanting to do next. Did you have it sliced somewhere or do it yourself?

Comment

Can you cut meat on one of these and not do harm to the surface ?

Like cook up some chicken/beef fajitas and then cup up the meat ?

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                  Can you cut meat on one of these and not do harm to the surface ?

Like cook up some chicken/beef fajitas and then cup up the meat ?
                  Yes

Comment

Pick your oil of choice. I still use Crisco, however, I am using coconut oil a bit more these days. Treat it just as you would a cast iron skillet, you will do this a few times (3-4). Make sure your oil of choice is dispersed everywhere (griddle on medium to high heat) Once the oil is on the griddle it will start to heat and smoke, wait for the smoke to stop and let your griddle cool off. Then re-coat and repeat the process.
                    Give or take, it should run you about about 20-30 minutes each time (includes cooling the griddle off). When you have completed this, make sure you coat your griddle again with your oil of choice for storing. Hope this helps.

Comment

Everything is good on the griddle but the burgers are even with any I have ever had. My favorite thing to cook on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        Everything is good on the griddle but the burgers are even with any I have ever had. My favorite thing to cook on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Cooked some last night on mine. They turn out great. I love chunking some onions, peppers and mushrooms on while the burgers and bacon and cooking up. now I'm hungry.

Comment

Yesterday my daughter asked if I would make her a steak. So, I went to Dan's Meat Market in Denton and picked up a nice porterhouse and ribeye. I decided to throw some shrimp in the mix and some asparagus. On the shrimp I seasoned it like I normally would, but this time I put some soy sauce on it while it was cooking, and it turned out really good like that. I like this thing so much for regular during the week cooking this is all I use. And yes, I'm a bachelor so I usually eat off paper plates haha

Here is the recipe for the garlic butter...it's really good

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
                          3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced fine
                          1/2 teaspoon
                          Worcestershire sauce
                          1/4 teaspoon
                          white pepper (may substitute black)
                          1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
                          1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

How to Make It

Put the butter in a bowl and leave at room temperature until it is soft enough to work.
                          Add all the other ingredients and mix to combine thoroughly. Using a spatula scrap
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by DFA; 10-26-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Grilled cheese sandwiches are good on them too. I like to sprinkle shredded cheese on my griddle and let it melt and get crunchy around the edges.

Comment

Man that grilled cheese sounds good.

Comment

It's excellent. I did steak, mushrooms, onions, and potato wedges tonight. Asparagus with Parmesan in the oven.

Comment

Working...
                                X