Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4312.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	26727972

Comment

Flat top king on youtube has great maintenance tips and recipes

Comment

Will be making Birria tacos Sunday on the 36” Blackstone. Hopefully I will remember to post pics.

Comment

We did smash burgers last weekend for the family... Our grandsons tell everyone that Nanny and Poppa's house has THE best BURGERS in the world!! The griddle is THE perfect tool to make delicious burgers! Can grill the burgers, heat the buns, gril onions, peppers, whatever else you want and have them all get done at the same time so everything is hot and fresh...
          We call 'em "elbow" burgers... So juicy and tasty, they'll be dripping off your elbows by the time you're done chowin' down on 'em!!

Comment

Smash burgers are hard to beat.

Comment

I think we should just make this thread a sticky

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                Smash burgers are hard to beat.
                That's a fact! We have a big Blackstone at camp the last several years, Friday of opening weekend is smash burgers with green chilis, bacon, and grilled onions.

The only thing I like better is HEB beef fajitas on the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

That's a fact! We have a big Blackstone at camp the last several years, Friday of opening weekend is smash burgers with green chilis, bacon, and grilled onions.

The only thing I like better is HEB beef fajitas on the BS.
                  Dale, I'm with you on this one!! Those pre-seasoned fajitas from HEB are THE BEST I've ever had... And on the BS, you can do the fajitas, peppers, onions, tortillas, everything at the same time!! Get 'em just about done, turn off the griddle and serve right from it with everything all laid out on the griddle just like the cast iron serving plates at your favorite mesican restaurant!!

Comment

May have to test out the H‑E‑B fajita.
                    I can’t remember where I found this marinade recipe, but I have been using it and it’s pretty dang good.
                    marinate at least 6 hours.
                    This was supposedly Pappasito’s marinade….

1 cup pineaple juice (good stuff).
                    1/2 cup soy sauce
                    4 fresh squeezed limes
                    1/4 cup fresh cilantro
                    1 jalepono
                    1/3 cup onions
                    1/3 cup water.
                    Cumin
                    Salt
                    Pepper

Combine in ziplock back and let marinate overnight.​

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      May have to test out the H‑E‑B fajita.
                      I can’t remember where I found this marinade recipe, but I have been using it and it’s pretty dang good.
                      marinate at least 6 hours.
                      This was supposedly Pappasito’s marinade….

1 cup pineaple juice (good stuff).
                      1/2 cup soy sauce
                      4 fresh squeezed limes
                      1/4 cup fresh cilantro
                      1 jalepono
                      1/3 cup onions
                      1/3 cup water.
                      Cumin
                      Salt
                      Pepper

Combine in ziplock back and let marinate overnight.​

Just reading the ingredients sounds good. Will give it a try for sure.

Ya’ll got me curious about the HEB fajitas too.

Comment

Birria tacos for lunch today!

Comment

I used the Blackstone seasoning on mine wipe is on let it cook off till it stops smoking then repeat the steps I did mine 5 times the first time. I use avocado oil on mine when I use it and after each cook I scrape food off spray with water wipe dry with paper towels and long Handel tongues then apply a light coat of oil same way I join a couple pages on Facebook and learned a lot

Comment

I don't use paper towels on mine to clean it... They leave small fibers on the griddle... It's seems dirtier after wiping with paper towels than before it was wiped. I use old surgical laps/gauze. wash it and reuse it. That's about as lint free as I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              I don't use paper towels on mine to clean it... They leave small fibers on the griddle... It's seems dirtier after wiping with paper towels than before it was wiped. I use old surgical laps/gauze. wash it and reuse it. That's about as lint free as I can find.
                              Good idea. I used paper towels yesterday and my first thought was I could see small fibers coming off the towel.

Comment

Linen cloth would be good to use also, but it's just not very absorbent.

Comment

Working...
                                X