No announcement yet.

2017 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am telling all of yall! Doug Free was the glue that held them together last year. And ole #82 of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      I am telling all of yall! Doug Free was the glue that held them together last year. And ole #82 of course.
      I'm not ready to throw in the towel after one bad game. I think we just hit the perfect storm of a defense with the Broncos in their house....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        By scheme, stacking the box leaves up to two players unblocked. It's not as easy to do on the field as it is standing in front of a TV demanding it...
        , My little ole 3A team I am call in plays for rushed for 487 on 41 carries 2 Fridays ago against a 7 man box. Last week we faced a 9 man box and only had 125 yards. It does make a difference!

Comment

I'm not ready to throw in the towel after one bad game. I think we just hit the perfect storm of a defense with the Broncos in their house....
          Me either. It's a long season. The running game will jel and open up the play action and passing game.
          Hats of to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            , My little ole 3A team I am call in plays for rushed for 487 on 41 carries 2 Fridays ago against a 7 man box. Last week we faced a 9 man box and only had 125 yards. It does make a difference!

I see your point, but high school talent levels can vary greatly. I've seen plenty of games where it didn't matter if they had 11 in the box. The other team could still rack up 600 yards on the ground if they wanted to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will see a total different team on Sunday

Comment

Hey D-Mo, how do you feel about Coach Garrett? I've seen several post of yours about him, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I woke my wife when I laughed!

That o-line & defense was exposed.....

Most enjoyable 4 quarters of football this weekend!

"Zek is the greatest!" they said.

"Anybody can run behind that O-line," they said.

9 carries for 8 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

"Zek is the greatest!" they said.

"Anybody can run behind that O-line," they said.

9 carries for 8 yards.

Anybody probably could run for those numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I just don't buy this "stacking the box", bit. That's why this guy was worth that 4th pick right? Get it blocked up and run the **** ball....that's who you are and how you are built. Just don't hand it to him 4yds deep standing still. You can't convince me he couldn't find any room around the ends with 82 sealing the edge. Let aquib takin come off Dez a couple times and try to tackle Zeke.[emoji15]

4 carryies in the first half is in-excusable, period.

Aaron Rodgers got his *** handed to him yesterday too.

Packers did get beat. Rodgers was running for his life, but with two rookie o-line starting, what do you expect?

It's hard to win against arguably the best team in the NFL on their turf, especially with 7 starters out.

To look on the bright side, we only lost by 9-10 points, so it could of been a lot worse.

Penalties didn't help out cause either.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                        Packers did get beat. Rodgers was running for his life, but with two rookie o-line starting, what do you expect?

It's hard to win against arguably the best team in the NFL on their turf, especially with 7 starters out.

To look on the bright side, we only lost by 9-10 points, so it could of been a lot worse.

Penalties didn't help out cause either.

Excuses excuses excuses[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I just don't buy this "stacking the box", bit. ..................

I do, but with professional coaches and a professional quarterback, you should be able to work around it.

Comment

Dak should have burned them, he did nothing, to Denver's credit they have a hell of a defense. D Mo, you can't just keep handing the ball to 21, I can see it now, 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, etc, then they would have been called dumb arses for trying to force the run against a stacked line. Most teams have at least one clunker of a game in a 16 game schedule, let's hope this was that game.

Comment

By scheme, stacking the box leaves up to two players unblocked. It's not as easy to do on the field as it is standing in front of a TV demanding it...

I don't care if it's easy or not, an NFL coach ought to be able to do better than red does. That was a **** game plan.

If they put 7 in the box, it's really easy to get 7 blockers at the line, it's called 2 TE. God forbid your golden boy beat someone on his own. 8 carries, 9 yards.

Comment

I don't care if it's easy or not, an NFL coach ought to be able to do better than red does. That was a **** game plan.

If they put 7 in the box, it's really easy to get 7 blockers at the line, it's called 2 TE. God forbid your golden boy beat someone on his own. 8 carries, 9 yards.

If they would have done that to Brady or Rodgers or any number of quarterbacks they would have threw the hell out of the ball, there would have been several big plays, I will agree that the coaches got their arses whooped too but the quarterback play was a D - . Elliott looked like an idiot for quitting on a play but as far as running the ball, he had nowhere to go, period.

Comment

Working...
                                X