Small/mid cap dividend stocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Most marijuana stocks have been on a steady decline that includes medical and recreational in the US and Canada. I think the potential for huge gains are there if there is ever Federal deregulation

Thanks. That's the direction I was leaning. I guess I will just stick with energy stocks and play the long game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We were chasing some Chinese stocks but every time numb nuts KJ talks about another bomb test in N. Korea it sends them down.

Comment

I like MAIN. Been a solid by & hold (from $24/share).

AGNC is something to look at too. 9% plus div yield but their market cap is close to $9B

Comment

Really close to buying some Ichor holdings stock (ICHR) +16% since offered in Dec. 2016
          I'm still new to this stuff, anyone have an opinion on this stock?

Comment

If you want a company that will grow at the rate you're describing then I'm not focusing my search on dividend payers. Most likely to achieve that type of growth a company should be reinvesting cash to achieve rapid growth instead of paying it out in the form of a dividend.

Comment

did anyone get in on WATT while it was hot?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                random thought here but is anyone looking at marijuana companies?
                Originally posted by glen View Post
                Most marijuana stocks have been on a steady decline that includes medical and recreational in the US and Canada. I think the potential for huge gains are there if there is ever Federal deregulation
                Not completely true. I've posted on here before but check out BLOZF. They are making a roadside MJ breathalyzer. I'm up 2500% since my first purchase. Wish I would have bought 10x what I first bought.

Comment

Pot is on the way up

Comment

TRPX - MJ stock with trial results coming out in Q1 2018 (in the next 3 months)

IZEA - bitcoin stock that may pop and run soon

FVRD - A penny crypto play that's running a beta trading platform. Should run hard if they announce a release date for the full version.

DRRX - Trying to get FDA approval (again) PDUFA date is 07/28. I expect it doubles from here at 92 cents before July.

None of these are dividend plays.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        TRPX - MJ stock with trial results coming out in Q1 2018 (in the next 3 months)

IZEA - bitcoin stock that may pop and run soon

FVRD - A penny crypto play that's running a beta trading platform. Should run hard if they announce a release date for the full version.

DRRX - Trying to get FDA approval (again) PDUFA date is 07/28. I expect it doubles from here at 92 cents before July.

None of these are dividend plays.
                        What criteria are you looking for on the stocks? Just small-mid cap and dividend payer? What % yield you looking for? Any particular sector that you would like to get into? You have any other fundamental or technical criteria that looks good to you?

I see ones in energy like CQP, SHLX, VLP.

In fact at a quick glance of it's technicals, VLP looks really interesting. I'm going to look into their fundamentals more tonight and tomorrow.

Here's what I'm seeing in technicals:
                        - price recently crossed 200 day SMA (positive). 200 SMA still sloping down (negative - watch closely)
                        - 20 day MA recently crossed 50 MA. Both 20 SMA and 50 SMA are recently began sloping up (positive)
                        - MACD above 0 and increasing (positive)
                        - RSI at 72% and increasing - just entered overbought range. (overall positive but watch closely)
                        - 14 Period Slow Stochastics above 88% and increasing - means people are actively purchasing shares and driving price higher. Also in overbought range so watch closely. (positive)
                        - more volume on up days than down days (positive)
                        - On Balance Volume is trending higher (positive)

quick glance at fundamentals:
                        - cash flow positive. Up 38.3 annualized 5 yr growth rate (positive)
                        - dividend = 4.31% and increased in 2017 (positive)
                        - PE (TTM) = 15.7% (below S&P 500 average so not too expensive, but I don't consider it a value stock either. - Neutral)
                        - EPS = 2.84. Increase of non-GAAP from previous year. 5 year annualized GAAP is 44% increase but is down for 1 year. (Neutral to positive)
                        - EPS Growth (YOY TTM) = -9.13% (negative)
                        - Revenue (TTM) = 429.85M and increasing. Up 37.7% annualized 5 yr growth rate (positive)
                        - Sales Growth - 1 yr = 27.20 (positive)
                        - Estimate for Q4 2017 is .76. That is down from Q4 2016 (.77) but an increase from Q3 2016 (.66) (neutral to negative)

From quick glance this one has more positives than negatives. I'll dig deeper later tonight but right now this looks like a buy to my untrained unprofessional opinion. Did I cover myself?

What about ETFs, REITs, or regional banks? Any interest in them?

Comment

I know very little about dividend stocks. When I started this thread I was planning to start staging into a few and then add when the markets finally drop.

For now I'm just staying with what I know and that's stocks with big catalysts mainly FDA plays.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I know very little about dividend stocks. When I started this thread I was planning to start staging into a few and then add when the markets finally drop.

For now I'm just staying with what I know and that's stocks with big catalysts mainly FDA plays.
                            Ok cool. I was assuming you were looking for small-mid because you were over allocated in large caps and wanted to diversify which is why I was asking about sector that you are interested in.

Things that I would look for in dividend stocks: cash flow positive, increasing dividend YOY, trades more than 100k/day (liquid enough to get out if needed), and payout ratio is less than 50% (not using all their cash to pay dividends).

VLP is in energy so price of oil/gas matters but overall looks good and sports a 4.31% dividend.

Comment

If you only care about dividend, REITs are interesting to consider as well. I own none and don't plan on getting in any but you can usually find some really good dividends payouts on them. With interest rates rising that may help them be able to sustain or improve their payouts. Some pay monthly instead of quarterly.

Comment

One more - I wouldn't consider it much of a dividend payer with just under 2% but Scott Miracle Grow. With states like CA legalizing MJ, they are going to be using a lot of fertilizer. Check out it's in the last month.

SMG is the symbol.

Comment

Working...
                                X