Draw length vs. peak weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    Start by throwing 3-4 twist in each cable. See how close that gets you to bringing that hole in the cam in line with your bottom cable. Then check your ata, bh and poundage.

The end goal is to twist up your cables until you get to 70ish# while still being in spec. THen once you get there throw it on the draw board and make sure your stops are hitting together.

Right idea but this is a single cam bow. In addition, you will want to add 1/2-1 twist(s) into the string for every 2-3 twists in the cable. This ensures the brace-ata relationship stays in proper order and the cam rotation is an optimal position. Then of course fine tune in the Board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      Right idea but this is a single cam bow. In addition, you will want to add 1/2-1 twist(s) into the string for every 2-3 twists in the cable. This ensures the brace-ata relationship stays in proper order and the cam rotation is an optimal position. Then of course fine tune in the Board.

[emoji41] my bad. I was thinking it was a monster. I should read more [emoji23] I've shot binary for so long I forget single cams exist

Comment

I've had a few beers. I'll check in in tomorrow. I really appreciate all the help.

-------------------------------
        Violence never settles anything
        -Genghis Kahn

Comment

pmD you and emailed. Should be hitting poundage. I'll get you taken care of. Make sure you text me in case I miss a PM

Comment

Sent you a text Korbin. Can't blame the strings until I get the cam timing squared away. Thanks for reaching out!

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Went out to see Rat. Timing is on and poundage is up to 70.4. Still dealing with some peep rotation issues but we are on the right track. Stay tuned.

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

And the strings were in spec.

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Getting a string that long balanced is a pain in the neck, but at this point it is way better than it was when it arrived at the Rat Cave.

The bow is now making poundage and hit the brace height right on, draw length is good to within about a long 1/8th; not bad.

Give that string a work out this week, let's see if some of that unbalance settles out; then we can finish balancing the string and getting that peep to hit perfect. Long strings just take longer to balance.

Nice string Corbin, those end loops are perfect!

Those elk don't have a chance!

Comment

Working...
                  X