Salt Water Fishing Reels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rig

Just picked up my new custom rod and mounted my Diawa Inshore TWS on it last night... After trying it out in my back pond last night, I can already tell I'm really gonna like it!! It's a 2 piece 7 1/2 foot custom with spiral wound micro titanium guides, and is my first split grip rod... The first thing I noticed about this set up is the accuracy of my casts. This things casts one handed like a 5 foot bass rod. I don't know if it's the micro guides, the spiral wrapped pattern (forward guides are on the bottom of the rod like a spinning rod), or the split grip, but it was striking how it felt and cast right from the get-go. With that frog in one of the pics (no weight other than the hook), I could cast that sucker out on the bank on the other side of the pond (a little under an acre) single handed. the wraps match the blue of the reel and that Diawa is butter smooth and has the saltwater ceramic bearings in it already... It is the reel I used last year at the Chandeleur's and this set up will be my weapon of choice when we're back there for Memorial Day and beyond...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7417.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24539270

Name:	IMG_7416.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	24539271

Name:	IMG_7419.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24539272

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Just picked up my new custom rod and mounted my Diawa Inshore TWS on it last night... After trying it out in my back pond last night, I can already tell I'm really gonna like it!! It's a 2 piece 7 1/2 foot custom with spiral wound micro titanium guides, and is my first split grip rod... The first thing I noticed about this set up is the accuracy of my casts. This things casts one handed like a 5 foot bass rod. I don't know if it's the micro guides, the spiral wrapped pattern (forward guides are on the bottom of the rod like a spinning rod), or the split grip, but it was striking how it felt and cast right from the get-go. With that frog in one of the pics (no weight other than the hook), I could cast that sucker out on the bank on the other side of the pond (a little under an acre) single handed. the wraps match the blue of the reel and that Diawa is butter smooth and has the saltwater ceramic bearings in it already... It is the reel I used last year at the Chandeleur's and this set up will be my weapon of choice when we're back there for Memorial Day and beyond...

[ATTACH]907723[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907724[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]907725[/ATTACH]

Who made the rod? I’m interested in getting some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Been fishing concept z hard sense it came out. After I dialed it in not one back lash or hicup. Digging the idea of not replacing parts every year.

I have dunked it hard wade fishing and really haven't cleaned it yet. Just a fresh water dunk when I put it away.

Btw 8.1 gears are the wtg. You can always slow down but can reel only so fast. Saved me a couple times with big trout that started sprinting to me after hook up.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
          Who made the rod? I’m interested in getting some.

Check your PM's...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Check your PM's...

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
            X