Salt Water Fishing Reels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedBarn View Post
    I'd still be fishing my Curado but I can't seem to get it in good enough shape to fish. Like you I took really good care of it, rebuilt it, etc., but could never get it back to it's prime. Broke my heart when I decided to replace it.

The Core was a great reel for about 3 years. #1 issue was an anti-reverse bearing going out. All down hill from then on.

Matts reel repair in San Antonio. That man works magic, a rebuild with Boca ceramic bearings and it will be better than a new curado. I have 2 of the old late 1990's green color changing bantam curados that he redid for me. They are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
      Matts reel repair in San Antonio. That man works magic, a rebuild with Boca ceramic bearings and it will be better than a new curado. I have 2 of the old late 1990's green color changing bantam curados that he redid for me. They are amazing.

I'll look him up, Thanks!

Comment

I started using Lews light speed spool LFS series. 11 bearings, 14 pounds of drag, 7.5:1 = 31" of line retrieve per turn......& it only weighs 5.5 ounces. this on my Custom Laguna rod makes a really easy & light wading combo.

Comment

Go with Concept 13fishing. I've own both and have been inside both, Lew's are cheaper made. As a matter of fact, they are made in China. But to answer your question, mine is a Tournament lite speed. Good real but has started to make noise and vibration when retrieving. Still cast a mile. I fish 2 days a week on average. Good Luck

Comment

I picked up the Lew's BB-1 Speedspools - Generation One - INSHORE model when they first launched. That particular Lew's won ICAST when it was released. When released, they ran $199.00 each. Has drain ports and it's made for saltwater, solid aluminum frame with mechanical (spring loaded) and magnetic cast control - dual mode cast control. I'm using 7:1 & 6.4:1 retrieves.

I think this was their best Saltwater series reel and the cast control system, being mechanical with magnetic, really lets these reels tune well for long casting.

The Lew's Custom Pro Speedspool SLP Series, all aluminum frame, will cover saltwater without issue. The key - aluminum frame. MSRP 259.99 for this particular reel. This model won ICAST in 2016.
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 07-21-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Shimano chronarch

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                Go with Concept 13fishing. I've own both and have been inside both, Lew's are cheaper made. As a matter of fact, they are made in China. But to answer your question, mine is a Tournament lite speed. Good real but has started to make noise and vibration when retrieving. Still cast a mile. I fish 2 days a week on average. Good Luck
                What Concept 13fishing model are you currently using?

Comment

I have been super pleased with a 13 Concept A. I buy a new reel each year and I tried the 13 this year. The last 2 I used Curados and both didn't make it this far in the year without having to replace something. I haven't even cleaned the 13 yet and I have fished it hard (2-3 days a week for the last couple of months). I even surf fished 4 times in rough surf and it is still smooth as butter.

Comment

I have the BB2 Inshore and I absolutely love it. I can throw a spook about 3 miles with that thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      I picked up the Lew's BB-1 Speedspools - Generation One - INSHORE model when they first launched. That particular Lew's won ICAST when it was released. When released, they ran $199.00 each. Has drain ports and it's made for saltwater, solid aluminum frame with mechanical (spring loaded) and magnetic cast control - dual mode cast control. I'm using 7:1 & 6.4:1 retrieves.

I think this was their best Saltwater series reel and the cast control system, being mechanical with magnetic, really lets these reels tune well for long casting.

The Lew's Custom Pro Speedspool SLP Series, all aluminum frame, will cover saltwater without issue. The key - aluminum frame. MSRP 259.99 for this particular reel. This model won ICAST in 2016.
                      Good Info!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

To the OP... this is the same "Inshore" reel that I have. Not the new Custom Inshore.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                          13 fishing.

That, BB1 and the old green Curado reels are all I use in saltwater.

Comment

Notice all the Curado guys are talking about the old ones.... I have a Lews Inshore, and a Concept... both are awesome. BUT There is no doubt in my mind the Lews will outlive the Concept by a couple years... I've had the concept for 2 years and the grips are starting to stick and it acts up from time to time when I cast... I've had the Lews for 3 years and it is just like when i took it out the box!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                              Notice all the Curado guys are talking about the old ones.... I have a Lews Inshore, and a Concept... both are awesome. BUT There is no doubt in my mind the Lews will outlive the Concept by a couple years... I've had the concept for 2 years and the grips are starting to stick and it acts up from time to time when I cast... I've had the Lews for 3 years and it is just like when i took it out the box!

Cuz the new curados suck. I like my concept over my Ci4. Haven't tried the lews yet, but may soon.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                                You sho right. No since in buying new when these antiques work like a champ. I'll keep replacing drag washers and bearings now and then.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X