Surf this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    Looks like it is going to hold through the weekend! I may be sneaking in a trip now!

Anyone have a recommendation for around the seawall area (within driving distance of the seawall)? I will be staying at the San Luis with the family. I have fished SS and Crystal Beach my entire life, but never around that area. I am by no means asking for spots, just a general direction to head.
    you can hit the rocks on 14th pretty quick or the pitchfork down on 89th......pretty solid spots

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      you can hit the rocks on 14th pretty quick or the pitchfork down on 89th......pretty solid spots

Thanks for the heads up Muddy!

Comment

Please hold 1 more day!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	24502802

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          Please hold 1 more day!!!

[ATTACH]863810[/ATTACH]
          I looked first thing this morning at the beach cam and cussed myself for picking yesterday over today. I hope everyone that went this morning smoked them.

Comment

SwellInfo shows tomorrow should be the same or better but obviously those are human predictions so there is only one way to find out!

Comment

Anyone fish the surf out of POC around Sunday Beach/Fish Pond areas?

Comment

Anybody know if the road from the beach to Yarbrough Pass is open . I want to try it Saturday morning.

Comment

I'm down here now and it's fishable but dang sure ain't calm

Comment

Just got out of a wade at beach access 10. Not even a bite. Conditions were getting worse and worse

Comment

Trout are still there! Waded 1.5 hrs this morning. Tried everything with just dinks. Switched to a spoon and was hooking up almost every cast. A lot of dinks, but keepers mixed in. Lost one spoon. Then broke the hook off my last one. I couldn't get them to hit anything else.

If anyone fishes, throw a gold spoon out. Let it sink. Then a pretty quick retrieve.

Now off to Moody Gardens with the fam.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        What app is this??

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                          What app is this??
                          SwellInfo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            Trout are still there! Waded 1.5 hrs this morning. Tried everything with just dinks. Switched to a spoon and was hooking up almost every cast. A lot of dinks, but keepers mixed in. Lost one spoon. Then broke the hook off my last one. I couldn't get them to hit anything else.

If anyone fishes, throw a gold spoon out. Let it sink. Then a pretty quick retrieve.

Now off to Moody Gardens with the fam.

That don't look like a spoon tied on

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Surf this morning?

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                              That don't look like a spoon tied on

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I broke the hook off the last spoon I had pretty early. That is what I ended with. Couldn't get a consistent bite on anything after I was out of spoons. Tried soft, mirrodines, etc.

If I didn't have a hook up, I had a hit every cast with the spoons. Silver and gold.
                              Last edited by CastAndBlast; 07-22-2017, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I let the rain and lightening be my excuse to get back in bed this morning at 5:30. It had nothing to do with the Miller Lite!

Comment

Working...
                                X