• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been easier to have old removed now you are stuck IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
      Would have been easier to have old removed now you are stuck IMHO
      Agreed. But, it would never become totally invisible with laser removal. You would still be able to see the skin damage.

Plus, I do like tattoos and would rather replace the old one with a true piece of art instead of a scar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to school with him and his brother. He's going to do mine when I find the time

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
          I went to school with him and his brother. He's going to do mine when I find the time
          That is awesome! He is a really neat guy to sit and talk with. A lot of good stories and thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
            Agreed. But, it would never become totally invisible with laser removal. You would still be able to see the skin damage.

Plus, I do like tattoos and would rather replace the old one with a true piece of art instead of a scar.

Not to mention the cover up is cheaper, less painful, and takes less time than removal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
              Not to mention the cover up is cheaper, less painful, and takes less time than removal

Agreed. It didnt make a lot of sense to opt for removal to me.

Comment

This is going to be great. Never had a tattoo because I'm chicken. What kind of $ per hour do they charge? I know it will depend greatly on the artist... Just trying to get a ballpark.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am getting some work added to what I have on my back this weekend. I think he quoted me $175/hour. They can be addictive.

Comment

My artist charges $125-$150 depending on the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                      This is going to be great. Never had a tattoo because I'm chicken. What kind of $ per hour do they charge? I know it will depend greatly on the artist... Just trying to get a ballpark.

It is a wide spectrum. $125-$250/hr. Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good. Find someone that can prove their skill and pony up the cash

Comment

In for final pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          It is a wide spectrum. $125-$250/hr. Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good. Find someone that can prove their skill and pony up the cash
                          This is pretty much standard range for quality work and will fluctuate based on location of the artist as well as reputation. I am paying on the higher end of that spectrum due to this being a cover up piece.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                            Man I'm ignorant to this but it seems impossible to cover the original tat with the new work. In for progress.
                            To be honest, I don't see how they do it either. Especially black ink. I must have asked Pete 10x by now if he is SURE this is going to work. He keeps telling me to relax and trust his experience. He has plenty of documentation doing this type of work, so I am trusting him.

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                            Looking good Josh
                            Thank ya Sir! How are you and R doing buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              I am getting some work added to what I have on my back this weekend. I think he quoted me $175/hour. They can be addictive.
                              Truest statement of the entire thread so far. Already have the next one in the works. Long before even finishing this current one.

Comment

I am heading back Wednesday to start dropping color in and making it look like real tattoo and not a bunch of lines.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X