• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Good thing you didn't go to the pen before you got that covered up

Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
      I appreciate that. This is going to be a little more time consuming than I, and the artist, figured

True! Anything worth doing is worth putting in the time to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In

Comment

It definitely will be. I think the artist figured on 2 hours for line work and it ended up taking 4. I just HATTTEEE shading with a passion. Something about just grinding and grinding that color in wears me down.

Looks awesome bro, but if your artist could've gotten that line work done in 2 hours he would've been FLYING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man I'm ignorant to this but it seems impossible to cover the original tat with the new work. In for progress.

Comment

Looking good Josh

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                Looks awesome bro, but if your artist could've gotten that line work done in 2 hours he would've been FLYING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                He didnt expect to have to get as intricate with that lower corner initially. But, he said it wouldnt look right without it being outlined.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                  I'm the exact opposite. The outline eats me up and the color just feels kinda numb. I got a primitive fish hook done today on the bottom/inside of my bicep. That was a tender spot!!
                  In spots near the middle of my back it was easy going. But those outter edges of the skin rips were tough. I was wondering if it was the fact it was last thing in a 4 hours session and I was wearing down or that he had done that outline 2 hours prior that was making it more sore.

Comment

I've done 4 hours twice. That's a long stretch and will wear you down for sure!

Comment

I like it

Comment

In spots near the middle of my back it was easy going. But those outter edges of the skin rips were tough. I was wondering if it was the fact it was last thing in a 4 hours session and I was wearing down or that he had done that outline 2 hours prior that was making it more sore.

It's because he had been there before. Line work is the worst for me. Single needle might as well be a scalpel. Shading just feels like a tattoo. Keep posting pics, interested to see it come together.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Good thing you didn't go to the pen before you got that covered up
                          That is a true statement. A byproduct of being 18, working full time, and being bored on a Friday night! [emoji23]

This time around it is a little better thought out. I have decided I will probably never get any sort of lettering ever again. No Ragrets.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            It's because he had been there before. Line work is the worst for me. Single needle might as well be a scalpel. Shading just feels like a tattoo. Keep posting pics, interested to see it come together.

Thanks for the insight. That makes me feel better. I was thinking to myself if the shading of the border all feels like this I'm in for a long, bumpy, road in the next sessions.

Comment

Awesome. I have a full back piece I designed about that same size and it took 27 hours in the chair over 6 sessions (about a year and a half). My good buddy who used to run a local shop did it for me...cussed me the whole time too Brutal near the shoulder blades but you'll love it when its done. Good start!...keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post

Yep I'll take shading over single needle work all day long

Comment

Working...
                                X