Zeke, you dumb arse !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    We can apply "ifs" to any organization to create wild hypotheticals. But they don't change the facts.

IF the....falcons, won 6 straight titles, they still wouldn't be worth what the Cowboys are because no one has more successfully marketed and capitalized on their brand, than Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True statement. But he's still a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      "if" lol :d
      Yes, it was a stretch but what im implying is, what is drawing new fans to the cowboys franchise to grow the teams wealth? Without fans to buy their products and fill seats, they don't make any money. The teams record(as of the last several years) is not the reason. They have not won a playoff game since 96 with the exception of two wildcard games in 2009 and 2014.

There is only one scenario which makes sense and that is the history and nostalgia with the older fans and their kids and so forth because of their dominance in the 90s.

I dont hate the cowboys, just not a fan. But as someone looking from the outside in, How does Jerry get the title of the best owner and rake in all this cash with decent to good play at best the last 15+ years?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Well.... except the Cowboys didn't win any of their championships in the 80s so that's an odd place to be stuck in..

And IF my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. Every team would be considered mediocre if you took their record into account....winning is cyclical. Check the Patriots lifetime record.....the Packers...the 49ers?....the Steelers?..

The money deal proves that Dallas has a loyal following after years in the league.....Texas and America as a whole are loyal folks. I'd rather see great loyalty to a team despite their record than the bandwagon fans who jump to every Super Bowl winner every year. You act like its a bad thing.
        Championships, no, but playoff wins, yes

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
          Still sore from when I shared with all of OUR fans back to the week of the Super Bowl that Dallas could not keep Romo if they were to make good business choices?

Please show me where I have "bashed" Dallas football.
          Sore? .....from anything you said?....Never. It's like watching Stephen A Smith in type.....

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
          I obviously look at it more realistically vs laying it all out there defensively as some type of poser only to need to be talked off-the-cliff during the next loss.

Don't like the discussion? Nobody states anyone has to participate.

LMAO....more back patting?....

Your's is not discussion....your posts are nothing but self aggrandizing drivel..

Comment

Well.... except the Cowboys didn't win any of their championships in the 80s so that's an odd place to be stuck in..

And IF my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. Every team would be considered mediocre if you took their record into account....winning is cyclical. Check the Patriots lifetime record.....the Packers...the 49ers?....the Steelers?..

The money deal proves that Dallas has a loyal following after years in the league.....Texas and America as a whole are loyal folks. I'd rather see great loyalty to a team despite their record than the bandwagon fans who jump to every Super Bowl winner every year. You act like its a bad thing.
            You summed it up pretty good, i just didnt understand where the growth is coming from. What is drawing the new fans?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              Championships, no, but playoff wins, yes
              Ahhh.....so Cowboys fans are stuck in the years they won playoff games. I don't recall thinking how much I miss the 80s Cowboys and Danny White, Pelluer or Hogaboom. ....maybe some folks are different than me though. New teams and their fans hang banners for playoff game wins.

The second half of my earlier post still stands...

Comment

You summed it up pretty good, i just didnt understand where the growth is coming from. What is drawing the new fans?

Births....

The offensive line....I'm sure the newness of Dak and Elliot has the folks interested again.

12-4 and 13-3 seasons in the past 3 years has folks excited again. Hoping for good things in the post season now.
                Last edited by Smart; 07-19-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Ahhh.....so Cowboys fans are stuck in the years they won playoff games. I don't recall thinking how much I miss the 80s Cowboys and Danny White, Pelluer or Hogaboom. ....maybe some folks are different than me though. New teams and their fans hang banners for playoff game wins.

The second half of my earlier post still stands...
                  Dont beat me up too bad. I wasnt even alive until 89 to see it first hand, just what the statistics and history says about the early Cowboys.

And yes, i saw the second half of that post after i commented. good point

Comment

How much of the Cowboys "worth" includes the $1.15 Billion dollar Jerry World stadium that was partially publicly financed?

Comment

Births....

The offensive line....I'm sure Dak and Elliot have them up there.

12-4 and 13-3 seasons in the past 3 years has folks excited again. Hoping for good things in the post season.
                      These two will hold several of the headlines this year. For your's and all cowboy fans' sake, hope they are good headlines. Its sophomore slump year, do or die.

Comment

Dont beat me up too bad. I wasnt even alive until 89 to see it first hand, just what the statistics and history says about the early Cowboys.
                        Not beating you up. I just think the 80s weren't much to get caught up in.

Comment

Love him or hate him Jerry is smart and willing to take risk, you ask why his franchise is worth more than any other...

From '02

this among other deals Jerry has made has made him a fortune.

Of course it has something to do with winning and fan base but he gets every drop of blood from the turnip.

And yes Zeke may be dumb, but as long as they don't have him on tape doing something crazy, he'll be running the football for the cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                            How much of the Cowboys "worth" includes the $1.15 Billion dollar Jerry World stadium that was partially publicly financed?

Plenty, that's how it works these days in fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              What do you think the public returns have been on that investment?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                What do you think the public returns have been on that investment?

I'm not sure, but they just voted in another one.

Comment

Working...
                                X